Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 or wait for S5

So we can upgrade now. Hubby wants to get the Galaxy S4 for us because starting the 18th they are free. I want to wait for the 5, would you wait the month for the 5 and pay how much money or take the S4 for free. I am coming from a Droid Razr which I hate. I had the HTC rezound which they replaced with the Razr because the Rezound had so many issues.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: S4 or wait for S5

if you have the money. Wait. If not, get the S4. Going to be like night and day from what you have now anyways.
    BlackBerry 8130_Nextel i880_BlackBerry 8330_HTC Hero_Samsung S1_Motorola Photon_Samsung S2_Samsung S4

Which carrier will be giving these away for free?

Global Posts
    4,210 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

The S4 is still a great phone and it still has lots of things to love about it.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Verizon right now has them 2 for $99 but two reps told hubby that they will be free in two weeks. So we will see. I think I am going to wait and dh is going to get the 4. you guys are right it will be a big improvement over what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by MJO612 View Post
    Verizon right now has them 2 for $99 but two reps told hubby that they will be free in two weeks. So we will see. I think I am going to wait and dh is going to get the 4. you guys are right it will be a big improvement over what we have now.
    Whatever handset you choose it will be a great upgrade. I would wait for the S5's release have a look at both, see what deals are available and take your decision process from there.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I would suggest waiting, as usual with Verizon every other major US carrier has 4.4.2 out (Sprint T-Mo today) and Verizon still has no comment on 4.4.2 (that I have see). So honestly if its a price thing get the S4, if its a latest and greatest and price isn't an issue I would suggest waiting for the S5.