Weeks before launch, Samsung reportedly having Galaxy S5 production woes

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
It?s now crunch time for Galaxy S5 production but Korean publication ETNews reports that Samsung is still having trouble manufacturing enough Galaxy S5 cameras in time for the device?s launch on April 11th. ETNews? sources say that as of March 16th Samsung still hasn?t gone into mass production of the Galaxy S5 because yields for its camera lens module are now only in the 20% to 30% range. Samsung is apparently having trouble manufacturing 16-megapixel camera modules that are thin enough to fit in the Galaxy S5′s frame without hurting the quality of the lenses within the camera module. Samsung Galaxy S5 camera proving difficult to manufacture | BGR

Say it ain't so...Joe. If so then I am willing to bet it might be delayed.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, a fire at a major partner factory that caused over a $1 Billion in damage, issues with camera lens yields at 20-30% is not looking good. I suspect the 150 country launch may be a bit more than they should have aimed for. Worse case scenario the 32GB may be delayed longer than the usual 3-4 weeks in the US which only saves my money if I have to wait or else I just wait for the Note 4.

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I love my S3 and was looking forward to the S5, but with age comes worsening vision. Been playing around with a Note 3 and really like the bigger screen and S-pen is awesome. Have an upgrade in September and looking forward to the Note 4.

Posted via Android Central App

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I can see the major carriers in the US having priority in getting the S5.... especially for people who have pre-ordered. If there is a shortage I think it will be with smaller carriers and international markets.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49