Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Raptor007
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Default Galaxy S5: Do you guys think the battery will actually last all day with this device?

I know it all depends on the user and how much screen on time you use but I have been craving a phone that can last me all day even when I use it constantly. You think I will be able to do that with the s5?

Default Re: Do you guys think the battery will actually last all day with this device?

If you want all day battery life despite all-day use you need 3 things. A big big battery, a smaller, lower resolution screen, and a lot of optimization to make it all play nicely.

S5 has a large screen and not a whole lot more battery then the S4. Until hands-on reviews start trickling out, I'd say expect battery life similar to S4. The bonus is that the battery will probably be removable (I think - brain fart at the moment) which means you can buy a larger battery for it.

Or you can go with something like the MotoX which has great battery life due to optimization of it's processor, and a lower-res screen.
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile

Global Posts
    5,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Re: Do you guys think the battery will actually last all day with this device?

I think the battery will do just fine, you can carry a spare and swap it out. You can't do that on an iphone, an HTC One, a G2, etc. So having a removable battery to me is a key feature not a negative.
    Thanked by 3:
    dancing-bass and smooth4lyfe like this.

its according to your usage buddy if you a hard battery user try out the extended batteries there are lots in the market

It depends on your usage. Streaming video for 24 hours at full brightness while tethering multiple devices downloading large files won't be possible. I would be surprised if you got 5 hours in this scenario.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

It has battery saving Algorithms new to this phone. Also the processor is more power efficient. I'm expecting a decent amount more longevity than the s4 with those two facts alone. Today I played around with one at my local at&t store amd turned on the extreme power saving mode. I'm impressed by it thoroughly. So say your down to 15% just turn that on and you may have a lot more time left. I'm optimistic about it

Quote Originally Posted by smalba View Post
    I know it all depends on the user and how much screen on time you use but I have been craving a phone that can last me all day even when I use it constantly. You think I will be able to do that with the s5?
    They could get close. My Note 3 gave me all day battery life. I have to charge my Nexus 5 at least 3 times a day. So annoying.
    iPhone 6+ & Galaxy Note 4 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Do you guys think the battery will actually last all day with this device?

The S5 should do quite well regarding battery life. The physical capacity is larger, the processor is supposed to sip power and they have incorporated battery saving algorithms into the software that should further improve battery life.

One thing I want the S5 to be great at is standby battery drain, I would love to be able to go to sleep and see the phone only dropped 1% battery over that period.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Do you guys think the battery will actually last all day with this device?

Only reason I switch from iphone to S5 is hoping better battery life. When I use it randomly through 9 hours at work...I end up with 5% battery life. Total usage around 3 hours. I hope the galaxy is better than that

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by xmostwanted559x View Post
    Only reason I switch from iphone to S5 is hoping better battery life. When I use it randomly through 9 hours at work...I end up with 5% battery life. Total usage around 3 hours. I hope the galaxy is better than that

You should look into this: mophie juice pack iPhone 5s Protective Battery Case these cases are great. I prefer the powerstations to the cases, but they should fit your needs. I wouldn't switch platforms just for battery life, that may not work in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by deadp1xel View Post
    You should look into this: mophie juice pack iPhone 5s Protective Battery Case these cases are great. I prefer the powerstations to the cases, but they should fit your needs. I wouldn't switch platforms just for battery life, that may not work in your favor.
    No I like the bigger screen too but battery is one thing I want to be better though

Quote Originally Posted by xmostwanted559x View Post
    No I like the bigger screen too but battery is one thing I want to be better though

Ah okay. I still have my 5S but my daily driver is the Nexus 5. I wanted a bigger screen and Glass sucks on an iPhone.