Anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon smartphones look like?

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the upcoming HTC One 2 M8 or Amazon smartphones look like?

Last edited by a moderator:

tinktink09is

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon ...

anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the upcoming HTC One 2 M8 or Amazon smartphones look like?

I'm holding off to scope out the REAL deal with the HTC One 2 M8. 👌

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon ...

All the REAL specs of the M8 have been released already

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon smartphones look li

Yeah, I want to see what the HTC M8 turns out as. My upgrade isn't until July so I might be able to see the what the next Moto X or the LG G3 has to offer

Posted via Android Central App

snakey#AC

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon smartphones look li

I'm waiting on the LG G3 myself.

Sent from Tapatalk Pro using my Samsung S4...

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon ...

All the REAL specs of the M8 have been released already

no they haven't. and yes ill be going with the m8 IF i decide to use my upgrade. the s5 is a fail and my nexus 5 does me just fine for now.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

But they do. And again for a 2nd year in a row the galaxy falls short.

Falls short of what? What are u comparing too?

If anything the M8 fell real short compared to the Galaxy S5, LG G2, and Xperia Z2

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 via Tapatalk

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I'm waiting until Tuesday to see what HTC will show. I'm aware of the leaks but like another poster mentioned I want to see the real final product.

Both phones look really nice so I'll probably have to go to a store to try them out. I'm also considering buying the note 3 again. I really miss that phone.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Falls short of what? What are u comparing too?

If anything the M8 fell real short compared to the Galaxy S5, LG G2, and Xperia Z2

The s4 was the worst phone ive had. The s5 wont be much better. Especially with knox and a locked virgin tight bootloader. How did the m8 fall short? If anything i bet it will be phone of the year again just based on design. I also bet we get s-off and more development.

Just my 2 cents. Btw i think we had this arguement last year too. ;)

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

But they do. And again for a 2nd year in a row the galaxy falls short.
Falls short compared to what exactly? The phone is beating (Or matching depending on how those dual camera's perform) the HTC M8, and the only thing the Xperia Z2 has over it is an extra GB of ram.

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

The s4 was the worst phone ive had. The s5 wont be much better. Especially with knox and a locked virgin tight bootloader. How did the m8 fall short? If anything i bet it will be phone of the year again just based on design. I also bet we get s-off and more development.

Just my 2 cents.
So you say specs matter and mention the Galaxy series has fallen short, then when asked to explain it, you proceed to rant about how YOU hate the galaxy series and don't mention the specs at all....yeah.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Falls short compared to what exactly? The phone is beating (Or matching depending on how those dual camera's perform) the HTC M8, and the only thing the Xperia Z2 has over it is an extra GB of ram.
For people coming from the s3 its a decent upgrade. For s4 owners its S model update at best. This phone is being bashed all over the internet. Not just by me.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Just my 2 cents.

-The S5 Camera is great even in low light
-Battery has been tested to have 12 hrs screen time (depending on use)
-Water Resistant

It's much better than the S4 which was not bad but battery sucked

Galaxy S5 has a bigger battery than the M8
The old HTC One design is better than the new one IMO

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Ill say one thing. If you compare the s5 and m8 launch to last years s4 and m7 the hype machine isnt even on the same level. As in its almost non exsistant even on xda.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon ...

Aaah, well most folks that want a great phone already have one by now so that could be it.

via the phone