Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon smartphones look like?

anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the upcoming HTC One 2 M8 or Amazon smartphones look like?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-22-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Default anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon ...

Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the upcoming HTC One 2 M8 or Amazon smartphones look like?
    I'm holding off to scope out the REAL deal with the HTC One 2 M8. 👌

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon ...

All the REAL specs of the M8 have been released already
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

Default Re: anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon smartphones look li

Yeah, I want to see what the HTC M8 turns out as. My upgrade isn't until July so I might be able to see the what the next Moto X or the LG G3 has to offer

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon smartphones look li

I'm waiting on the LG G3 myself.

Sent from Tapatalk Pro using my Samsung S4...

Default Re: anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon ...

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    no they haven't. and yes ill be going with the m8 IF i decide to use my upgrade. the s5 is a fail and my nexus 5 does me just fine for now.

Specs don't really mean everything....good example is the moto x.

Global Posts
    6,284 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by snakey#AC View Post
    I'm waiting on the LG G3 myself.

Sent from Tapatalk Pro using my Samsung S4...
    This.

via the tablet
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Specs don't really mean everything
    But they do. And again for a 2nd year in a row the galaxy falls short.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth3006 View Post
    Falls short of what? What are u comparing too?

If anything the M8 fell real short compared to the Galaxy S5, LG G2, and Xperia Z2

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 via Tapatalk
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

Default Re: Anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon smartphones look li

Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    I'm waiting until Tuesday to see what HTC will show. I'm aware of the leaks but like another poster mentioned I want to see the real final product.

Both phones look really nice so I'll probably have to go to a store to try them out. I'm also considering buying the note 3 again. I really miss that phone.

Falls short of what? What are u comparing too?

If anything the M8 fell real short compared to the Galaxy S5, LG G2, and Xperia Z2

The s4 was the worst phone ive had. The s5 wont be much better. Especially with knox and a locked virgin tight bootloader. How did the m8 fall short? If anything i bet it will be phone of the year again just based on design. I also bet we get s-off and more development.

Just my 2 cents. Btw i think we had this arguement last year too.

Falls short compared to what exactly? The phone is beating (Or matching depending on how those dual camera's perform) the HTC M8, and the only thing the Xperia Z2 has over it is an extra GB of ram.

The s4 was the worst phone ive had. The s5 wont be much better. Especially with knox and a locked virgin tight bootloader. How did the m8 fall short? If anything i bet it will be phone of the year again just based on design. I also bet we get s-off and more development.

Just my 2 cents.
    So you say specs matter and mention the Galaxy series has fallen short, then when asked to explain it, you proceed to rant about how YOU hate the galaxy series and don't mention the specs at all....yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacharyw70 View Post
    Falls short compared to what exactly? The phone is beating (Or matching depending on how those dual camera's perform) the HTC M8, and the only thing the Xperia Z2 has over it is an extra GB of ram.
    For people coming from the s3 its a decent upgrade. For s4 owners its S model update at best. This phone is being bashed all over the internet. Not just by me.

Just my 2 cents.
    -The S5 Camera is great even in low light
    -Battery has been tested to have 12 hrs screen time (depending on use)
    -Water Resistant

It's much better than the S4 which was not bad but battery sucked

Galaxy S5 has a bigger battery than the M8
    The old HTC One design is better than the new one IMO

- Using the Galaxy S5! -
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon smartphones look li

Ill say one thing. If you compare the s5 and m8 launch to last years s4 and m7 the hype machine isnt even on the same level. As in its almost non exsistant even on xda.

Global Posts
    6,284 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Ill say one thing. If you compare the s5 and m8 launch to last years s4 and m7 the hype machine isnt even on the same level. As in its almost non exsistant even on xda.
    They don't want disappointed customers.

via the tablet
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    They don't want disappointed customers.

via the tablet
    No i mean the consumers dont seem as interested.

Global Posts
    6,284 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon ...

Aaah, well most folks that want a great phone already have one by now so that could be it.

via the phone
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:

I am wondering about the price of the Amazon phones. If they can come out with something comparable to the Nexus or Moto G, that could be really tempting.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I played with the S5 today at bestbuy. Was sold after 30 secs. Much nicer than my S4 and Touchwiz has been extremely refined. Regardless of what the M8 brings I preordered my S5. With the release of the M8, S5, and LG G3, later this summer, I think apple is in for a rude awakening. If apple doesnt hit a grand slam with their IP6 I think there days are numbered in the phone supremacy market. There will always be the Apple Fans but the GS5 is truly a great device

Quote Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
    I played with the S5 today at bestbuy. Was sold after 30 secs. Much nicer than my S4 and Touchwiz has been extremely refined. Regardless of what the M8 brings I preordered my S5. With the release of the M8, S5, and LG G3, later this summer, I think apple is in for a rude awakening. If apple doesnt hit a grand slam with their IP6 I think there days are numbered in the phone supremacy market. There will always be the Apple Fans but the GS5 is truly a great device
    Hell the htc hero is better than the i$hit.

I think Apple has an advantage this year. All Apple fans are anticipating significant hardware changes. If they make the screen bigger, they will sell an obscene amount of phones.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Global Posts
    6,284 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon ...

The S4 is thought, by some, to be a great device too. As is the Note 3, HTC One and G2. Folks that prefer iGadgets will continue to prefer them (some, believe it or not, have already COMMITTED in their mind the the iP6 (check the iMore threads)). However, each platform will continue to rob the other of users...such is how the game is played.

via the tablet
    Live long and prosper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast