Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Joe the Insider
  • 1 Post By Joe the Insider
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    vladfan's Avatar

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

    Default Galaxy S5: Where is Verizon??

    All the other major carriers have announced pre-orders. Are they too busy with the "The NEW HTC One"??

    I would like to hear something Big Red!!!!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    They'll probably treat the s5 like they did the note 2 and just quietly have it listed on their website. Big Red isn't the biggest fan of Sammy for some reason.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    10,912 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,916 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    They're trying to figure out what apps and services to load it up with. Ha ha

    All joking aside, they'll have something soon. Remember, there's still a few weeks until release.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    Verizon is dragging their feet since they have the HTC One (again) coming on Tuesday so they will pump and dump that phone for a week or so then offer up an announcement on the GS5. What a joke. Plus you can guarantee the 32GB will be a NO SHOW for a month after the 16GB launches.
    My Tech World:
    Personal SmartPhone: ASUS ZenFone 2 64GB ROM/4GB RAM (AT&T)
    Work SmartPhone: iPhone 4S (Verizon)
    Next Phone: TBD
    Tablet: iPad Air 2 128GB (AT&T)
    Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" Retina
    Media Device: AppleTV 3rd Gen
    NAS: Western Digital My Cloud EX4 16TB & MyCloud Duo 4TB
    Wireless: Airport Extreme


  5. #5  

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Verizon is dragging their feet since they have the HTC One (again) coming on Tuesday so they will pump and dump that phone for a week or so then offer up an announcement on the GS5. What a joke. Plus you can guarantee the 32GB will be a NO SHOW for a month after the 16GB launches.
    What? So there's a chance I'll have to wait if I want a 32 GB option for the S5? Did they do this when the S4 was launched?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    New Htc One is going to be a better phone at the same price, why wouldn't they spend more time on the New One. ;-)

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    ErnstMach likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    New Htc One is going to be a better phone at the same price, why wouldn't they spend more time on the New One. ;-)

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    I dunno, the S5 has a removable battery and storage while the HTC One probably won't.
    Thanked by 2:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    Quote Originally Posted by CannedBullets View Post
    I dunno, the S5 has a removable battery and storage while the HTC One probably won't.
    The HTC has 32gb internal and has been confirmed it will take up to 128gb micro sd.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    ErnstMach likes this.
  9. #9  
    thegrants82's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    959 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    I'm waiting on both but I would be amazed if the HTC turned out to be the better of the two....Guess we will find out soon enough. I'm anxious to see how long the HTC looks in person. Looks the length of a rolled up magazine in the pictures that I have seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    The HTC has 32gb internal and has been confirmed it will take up to 128gb micro sd.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    I vagley remember these same questions last year.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    New Htc One is going to be a better phone at the same price, why wouldn't they spend more time on the New One. ;-)

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    I would say they are both equally good phones.
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    Quote Originally Posted by CannedBullets View Post
    What? So there's a chance I'll have to wait if I want a 32 GB option for the S5? Did they do this when the S4 was launched?
    The GS3 on Verizon was the last carrier by a couple of months. The GS4 on AT&T and Verizon didn't see the 32GB until nearly a month after the 16GB launched and so far AT&T is a no show on the 32GB. With Verizon if you want the 32GB the store can order it to ship to the store or your home/office or you can order online but you won't be able to get a 32GB S5 in store if they follow the same plan as the GS4 which did not offer it in store. They don't see the sales volume to stock a 32GB in store which to me is odd, I mean $50 for double the storage I just don't understand the reasoning behind not wanting to get it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CannedBullets View Post
    I dunno, the S5 has a removable battery and storage while the HTC One probably won't.
    Correct, HTC One 2014 (M8) will get 16GB/32GB and microSD but no removable battery which is a non-starter for me. I just want to have a removable battery so I can just swap on the fly and have a full chare.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    The HTC has 32gb internal and has been confirmed it will take up to 128gb micro sd.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    We have seen a Verizon packaged device with 32GB but nothing is final until the 25th however I do suspect it will be 16/32GB as rumored so far. 128GB microSD is nice but I prefer Samsung memory it seems to hold up better long term than SanDisk.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    I would say they are both equally good phones.
    The HTC One is rumored to be released on the launch day 3-25 and so Verizon likely wants to get those sales in then in a week announce pre-orders for the GS5 or wait 2 weeks so the initial orders can't be returned. I don't think Verizon will sell the GS5 on 4-11 either, it will likely be 4-16 which is a Thursday.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    I would say they are both equally good phones.
    Agreed, I love my Note 3, but I love what HTC is doing with the New One and I've have nothing but Motorola and Samsung the last few years, The Last HTC I owned was the DNA. I would like to try something different. Samsung and HTC have winners and thats great for us phone Enthusiasts.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  16. #16  
    thegrants82's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    959 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    Then why do you keep slamming Samsung in the HTC forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    Agreed, I love my Note 3, but I love what HTC is doing with the New One and I've have nothing but Motorola and Samsung the last few years, The Last HTC I owned was the DNA. I would like to try something different. Samsung and HTC have winners and thats great for us phone Enthusiasts.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Then why do you keep slamming Samsung in the HTC forum?
    I'm not really slamming them, I just think the S5 could have been better. I was all about it and it was a let down. It still a great phone, but anyone with a Note 3 or S4 has no reason to upgrade.

    Just like apple, they are less innovating every year which is smart in their end, but unfortunate for us phone lovers.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  18. #18  
    thegrants82's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    959 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    Wait until you see an S5 in person then come back and tell me that you don't think it's worthy over the S4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    I'm not really slamming them, I just think the S5 could have been better. I was all about it and it was a let down. It still a great phone, but anyone with a Note 3 or S4 has no reason to upgrade.

    Just like apple, they are less innovating every year which is smart in their end, but unfortunate for us phone lovers.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: Where is Verizon??

    I've contacted some samsung employees and they don't even know. This wait is killing me.
  20. #20  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,059 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,060 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    New Htc One is going to be a better phone at the same price, why wouldn't they spend more time on the New One. ;-)

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Meh HTC sense is horrible and i personally prefer Touchwiz or whatever they call it now and i will always prefer a removable battery
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    If only HTC had gone the swappable battery route, but I know some don't mind but for me it was a deal breaker. Rather surprised the new HTC One only support 64GB microSD, so behind the times as usual.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Where is Verizon??

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    The GS3 on Verizon was the last carrier by a couple of months. The GS4 on AT&T and Verizon didn't see the 32GB until nearly a month after the 16GB launched and so far AT&T is a no show on the 32GB. With Verizon if you want the 32GB the store can order it to ship to the store or your home/office or you can order online but you won't be able to get a 32GB S5 in store if they follow the same plan as the GS4 which did not offer it in store. They don't see the sales volume to stock a 32GB in store which to me is odd, I mean $50 for double the storage I just don't understand the reasoning behind not wanting to get it.
    I don't have a need for 32GB of storage on a phone at the moment, so it would be a waste of $50 for me to buy the higher capacity phone. As long as the phone comes with 16GB, I'm OK. I haven't encountered any problems with the 16GB S4. The forums were in an uproar about that one because of how much room the OS and factory ROM took up, but it didn't bother me in everyday use.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: Where is Verizon??

    Anybody seen anything lately?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2014, 10:23 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 08:10 AM
  3. Verizon Galaxy Note 2: temperature sensor app
    By snowwy66 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 12:17 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 01:17 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 08:35 AM

Posting Permissions