Galaxy S5: Where is Verizon??

vladfan

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
All the other major carriers have announced pre-orders. Are they too busy with the "The NEW HTC One"??

I would like to hear something Big Red!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Where is Verizon??

They'll probably treat the s5 like they did the note 2 and just quietly have it listed on their website. Big Red isn't the biggest fan of Sammy for some reason.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

They're trying to figure out what apps and services to load it up with. Ha ha

All joking aside, they'll have something soon. Remember, there's still a few weeks until release.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Verizon is dragging their feet since they have the HTC One (again) coming on Tuesday so they will pump and dump that phone for a week or so then offer up an announcement on the GS5. What a joke. Plus you can guarantee the 32GB will be a NO SHOW for a month after the 16GB launches.

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

Verizon is dragging their feet since they have the HTC One (again) coming on Tuesday so they will pump and dump that phone for a week or so then offer up an announcement on the GS5. What a joke. Plus you can guarantee the 32GB will be a NO SHOW for a month after the 16GB launches.

What? So there's a chance I'll have to wait if I want a 32 GB option for the S5? Did they do this when the S4 was launched?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

New Htc One is going to be a better phone at the same price, why wouldn't they spend more time on the New One. ;-)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

I'm waiting on both but I would be amazed if the HTC turned out to be the better of the two....Guess we will find out soon enough. I'm anxious to see how long the HTC looks in person. Looks the length of a rolled up magazine in the pictures that I have seen.
The HTC has 32gb internal and has been confirmed it will take up to 128gb micro sd.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

What? So there's a chance I'll have to wait if I want a 32 GB option for the S5? Did they do this when the S4 was launched?

The GS3 on Verizon was the last carrier by a couple of months. The GS4 on AT&T and Verizon didn't see the 32GB until nearly a month after the 16GB launched and so far AT&T is a no show on the 32GB. With Verizon if you want the 32GB the store can order it to ship to the store or your home/office or you can order online but you won't be able to get a 32GB S5 in store if they follow the same plan as the GS4 which did not offer it in store. They don't see the sales volume to stock a 32GB in store which to me is odd, I mean $50 for double the storage I just don't understand the reasoning behind not wanting to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno, the S5 has a removable battery and storage while the HTC One probably won't.

Correct, HTC One 2014 (M8) will get 16GB/32GB and microSD but no removable battery which is a non-starter for me. I just want to have a removable battery so I can just swap on the fly and have a full chare.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

The HTC has 32gb internal and has been confirmed it will take up to 128gb micro sd.

We have seen a Verizon packaged device with 32GB but nothing is final until the 25th however I do suspect it will be 16/32GB as rumored so far. 128GB microSD is nice but I prefer Samsung memory it seems to hold up better long term than SanDisk.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I would say they are both equally good phones.

The HTC One is rumored to be released on the launch day 3-25 and so Verizon likely wants to get those sales in then in a week announce pre-orders for the GS5 or wait 2 weeks so the initial orders can't be returned. I don't think Verizon will sell the GS5 on 4-11 either, it will likely be 4-16 which is a Thursday.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I would say they are both equally good phones.

Agreed, I love my Note 3, but I love what HTC is doing with the New One and I've have nothing but Motorola and Samsung the last few years, The Last HTC I owned was the DNA. I would like to try something different. Samsung and HTC have winners and thats great for us phone Enthusiasts.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Then why do you keep slamming Samsung in the HTC forum?
Agreed, I love my Note 3, but I love what HTC is doing with the New One and I've have nothing but Motorola and Samsung the last few years, The Last HTC I owned was the DNA. I would like to try something different. Samsung and HTC have winners and thats great for us phone Enthusiasts.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Then why do you keep slamming Samsung in the HTC forum?

I'm not really slamming them, I just think the S5 could have been better. I was all about it and it was a let down. It still a great phone, but anyone with a Note 3 or S4 has no reason to upgrade.

Just like apple, they are less innovating every year which is smart in their end, but unfortunate for us phone lovers.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Wait until you see an S5 in person then come back and tell me that you don't think it's worthy over the S4.
I'm not really slamming them, I just think the S5 could have been better. I was all about it and it was a let down. It still a great phone, but anyone with a Note 3 or S4 has no reason to upgrade.

Just like apple, they are less innovating every year which is smart in their end, but unfortunate for us phone lovers.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

New Htc One is going to be a better phone at the same price, why wouldn't they spend more time on the New One. ;-)

Meh HTC sense is horrible and i personally prefer Touchwiz or whatever they call it now and i will always prefer a removable battery