Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T-No No-Commitment Purchases for Six Months?

I went to an AT&T store today to ask about the Galaxy S5 pre-order and the availability of the Gold S5. I was told that they wouldn't sell the S5 at the no-commitment price for six months. Has anyone else heard this?

Global Posts
    4,536 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: AT&T-No No-Commitment Purchases for Six Months?

Quote Originally Posted by 21stNow View Post
    I went to an AT&T store today to ask about the Galaxy S5 pre-order and the availability of the Gold S5. I was told that they wouldn't sell the S5 at the no-commitment price for six months. Has anyone else heard this?
    Was it a corp store? Can't you order on-line starting Monday?
    "In God we trust....all others we investigate".

"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol".

I haven't heard about it being 6 months but I do know some retailers / carrier stores will limit the sale of full price phones so they can have people with contracts / payment plans get the phones first.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Not true, you can buy at no commitment online, I saw the option when I preordered mine
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Was it a corp store? Can't you order on-line starting Monday?
    It was a company-owned retail store.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Not true, you can buy at no commitment online, I saw the option when I preordered mine
    I need to order this in the store, as online shopping only gives the option to have the device sent to the billing address. I need it shipped to a store.

It was a company-owned retail store.

I need to order this in the store, as online shopping only gives the option to have the device sent to the billing address. I need it shipped to a store.
    Also not true
    I was able to ship my phone to a different address other than my billing address
    The only address u can't ship it to is a P.O. Box
    My billing address is in Maryland, and Im shipping my phone to Florida, no problems
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Also not true
    I was able to ship my phone to a different address other than my billing address
    The only address u can't ship it to is a P.O. Box
    My billing address is in Maryland, and Im shipping my phone to Florida, no problems
    I just went through an online order and stopped before entering the payment information. I did see the option to enter a different shipping address. I didn't have that option for the Galaxy S3 and didn't realize that AT&T had changed this.

However, I did not have the option for no-commitment pricing. I only had the two Next options and the 2-year upgrade option. I've heard that the no-commitment option doesn't show up for people who are upgrade eligible, but I don't know if that is an absolute truth.

I just went through an online order and stopped before entering the payment information. I did see the option to enter a different shipping address. I didn't have that option for the Galaxy S3 and didn't realize that AT&T had changed this.

However, I did not have the option for no-commitment pricing. I only had the two Next options and the 2-year upgrade option. I've heard that the no-commitment option doesn't show up for people who are upgrade eligible, but I don't know if that is an absolute truth.
    Hmmm thats weird, it was there yesterday when I did it...I just tried and they removed it
    I was eligible for the AT&T Next as well...damn AT&T
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

When I go to new service it allows it. Try going to the pre-order page.. Don't go through your account and the upgrade option till you add it to cart.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AT&T-No No-Commitment Purchases for Six Months?-1395499079784.jpg  
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks for the input smooth4lyfe and Almeuit.

I'll check another AT&T store to see if they say that they won't sell the GS5 at full price for six months. Since I want the Gold, pre-ordering isn't an option for me right now.