Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  • 1 Post By ab304945
  • 1 Post By edgefever
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default If I already own two Note 3 phones, will getting the Galaxy S5 be a downgrade?

If I already own two Note 3 phones, will getting the S5 be a downgrade? Am I better off just waiting for the Note 4 which will hopefully be release at the end of this year?

Default Re: If I already own two Note 3 phones, will getting the S5 be a downgrade?

It depends on your needs. If you need a feature that the s5 has but note 3 doesn't then sure it is an upgrade

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    22,091 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: If I already own two Note 3 phones, will getting the S5 be a downgrade?

It may also depend on what goes into the Note 4.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    It may also depend on what goes into the Note 4.
    Any info on the note 4 now is pure speculation. Samsung will probably bring something new to the note 4, but probably not major, similar to s3 to n2 or s4 to n3.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

in a way it is, Because the Gs5 isnt an upgrade from the note 3, the note 4 will be the upgrade to the note 3.
    DETERMINOLOGY likes this.

Global Posts
    5,195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Its more of a lateral move, you gain certain features on the Note 3 and you gain certain features on the S5. It depends on what you want to do with the phone. The Note 4 will take the new advances from the S5 which likely would include the camera, better process (perhaps S805 instead of S801), perhaps a 2k display (hence S805) fingerprint sensor and I think they will keep the 3GB of RAM since 4GB isn't a need yet.

I am on the fence with the S5 vs Note 3 issue, knowing that when the Note 4 comes out I will upgrade regardless, so what I get today will be replaced in 6-7 months with the newest phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    in a way it is, Because the Gs5 isnt an upgrade from the note 3, the note 4 will be the upgrade to the note 3.
    +1..Alot of people try to sugar coat on here..The s5 is a downgrade from the note 3 imo and i wouldnt go buy a s5 over the note 3

Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    If I already own two Note 3 phones, will getting the S5 be a downgrade? Am I better off just waiting for the Note 4 which will hopefully be release at the end of this year?
    You need rehab:beer:
    Spencerdl likes this.
    Banned

In your case I would wait for the note 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post

I have a Note 3 and I love it. I can't say that I use it for Work or Productivity, more for fun. I think the S-pen is cool. I do try to use it when I can.
    The screen is beautiful, there is nearly 0% lag, unlike the S4.
    So why Do I want the S5?
    I know it's not an "upgrade" other than the camera. But that is one sore spot on the Note 3. While it can take great photo's, more than half the pictures I take with it are blurry.
    If the subject isn't 100% still, it blurs.
    The camera could be a big upgrade, but I lose all the S-pen features.

I know, there is something wrong with me. But I do want an S5 ...

Does anyone remember what month the Note 3 released last year? Trying to get feel for when the Note 4 would be released since it's normal for a new one each year.
    iOS and Android are BOTH great. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5S, iPhone 6+, LG G2, LG Optimus G Pro, S3, S4, Note 3, Moto X, Nokia 520, Nokia 1520, 2014 Moto X..
    Currently using Note 4

It was released in October, October 11 I think

I suggest NOT getting caught up in marketing hype (lastest, greatest) and ENJOY your three NOTE3's for now and upgrade to the Note4 when released. I would like to ask a question..."in real world use, is the newer, lastest and greatest S5 going to better than the Note3?" ....I think NOT. Just my .02 cents