Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: Temperature sensor?

Hello! Will the S5 have a temperature sensor you think? I canīt find it at Samsungs site but at gsmarena it says it will have . Anyone who can confirm?

Samsung Galaxy S5 - Full phone specifications
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-22-2014 at 05:17 PM.
    S5 owner!

Default Re: Temperature sensor?

The S4 had it, the Note 3 had it, it's only logical that the S5 will have it. However, Sammy's never been a 'logical' company, so I'd also like to know if the sensor will be present or not. AndroidCentral's original article DOES NOT mention it as being a part of the S5 (the humidity sensor seems to be MIA, too).
    Samsung Galaxy S5 specs | Android Central

But even if it does come with the sensor, in my experience, both with the S4 and Note 3, those sensors tell you squat about the environment. Having the phone on a case, just taken out of your pocket, being handled, on a cold surface, having just run a game that made the CPU run hot, etc, etc, will make the reading vary GREATLY. There was one time I took the phone out to test the sensor and if I believed the phone, I should have been wearing a light sweater, but the reality was a blistering cold that had me running for my gloves.
    Thanked by:

Confirmed by the very same Samsung official website (Samsung GALAXY S5): NO temperature sensor, NO humidity sensor.
    GSMArena, despite having received this information, hasn't still modified its specs page. PhoneArena, instead, has done it correctly.
    Last edited by nomecognome; 03-22-2014 at 05:14 PM.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for clearing that out. Not often I have used it on the S4 but I like having it. Time will tell if I gonna miss it

there no effect if it is or not i am gonna buy it....