Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By neiljay6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: They don't want you to move while you test your heart rate?

Watched a video and the s5 tells you not to move or talk while you test your heart rate. Well then how are you supposed to test it while you do cardio? Am I the only person that this doesn't make any sense to?

Maybe you can still get a reading if you just try not to move your hand while you hold the phone or something? Is there any information about this at all or are we just only supposed to take our resting heart rate?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-22-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Default Re: They don't want you to move while you test your heart rate?

They expect you to stop what your doing and then mesaure your heart rate. In theory, your heart rate should not have dropped too much during this period but I understand that people want a measurement while they are doing a fitness related activity.
    The gear fit band is way better suited for heart rate measurement than the S5 is. I suggest you look into the band if constant heart rate updates are something you need.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

If you're moving around while it's reading it won't guess a accurate heart rate, if you ever had your blood pressure checked the doctors tell you to relax and just breath smoothly, the heart rate sensor is more suited to people that work out and run etc

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
    They expect you to stop what your doing and then mesaure your heart rate. In theory, your heart rate should not have dropped too much during this period but I understand that people want a measurement while they are doing a fitness related activity.
    The gear fit band is way better suited for heart rate measurement than the S5 is. I suggest you look into the band if constant heart rate updates are something you need.

Does the gear fit give a constant reading? Just like all other heart rate monitors? If so I think I will pick one up. I need to check my heart rate every minute or so while I do cardio so I could use that.

Quote Originally Posted by smalba View Post
    Does the gear fit give a constant reading? Just like all other heart rate monitors? If so I think I will pick one up. I need to check my heart rate every minute or so while I do cardio so I could use that.
    In the videos I have seen it gives you a constsnt heart rate reading gor the duration of your workout. It also tells you to speed up or slow down based on your heart rate.

I dont need a phone to tell me my heart rate.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth3006 View Post
    I dont need a phone to tell me my heart rate.
    You may not but someone else could find it quite handy.
    Thanked by 2:
    smooth4lyfe and Zabigayle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by neiljay6 View Post
    You may not but someone else could find it quite handy.
    I know it will be useful for me when I go to the gym

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 via Tapatalk
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

Default Re: Galaxy S5: They don't want you to move while you test your heart rate?

Quote Originally Posted by smalba View Post
    Watched a video and the s5 tells you not to move or talk while you test your heart rate. Well then how are you supposed to test it while you do cardio? Am I the only person that this doesn't make any sense to?

Maybe you can still get a reading if you just try not to move your hand while you hold the phone or something? Is there any information about this at all or are we just only supposed to take our resting heart rate?
    I work in EMS. This is completely normal.

Default Re: Galaxy S5: They don't want you to move while you test your heart rate?

Anyone know how to check their pulse with a finger and take the reading? Been working for centuries.

https://copy.com?r=cScoov