Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Galaxy S5: How will the battery life be compared to the Droid Razr Maxx?

    I'll be upgrading from a Droid Razr Maxx and I'm used to the long battery life. So how long will the S5's battery last?
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.
  2. #2  
    thegrants82's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    960 Posts

    Default Re: How will the battery life be compared to the Droid Razr Maxx?

    S5 will get about 25% of what a MAXX can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by CannedBullets View Post
    I'll be upgrading from a Droid Razr Maxx and I'm used to the long battery life. So how long will the S5's battery last?
  3. #3  

    Default Re: How will the battery life be compared to the Droid Razr Maxx?

    Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    S5 will get about 25% of what a MAXX can do.
    You can't solely base battery life on mAH capacity.

    To put it simply, the S5 has incorporated many things in a hope to improve battery life. They have increased the total capacity by 200mAh, the Snapdragon 801 is supposed to sip battery and they incorporated software optimization to reduce battery drain.

    In preliminary testing the S5 has done quite well, in one test the S5 acheived 12:30 of video playback on full brightness and in another test done by a Bulgarian website, it was crowned the longest lasting smartphone they have tested.

    With this said, we must still wait for other tests to be done before we can accurately guage battery life or even begin to compare it with other devices.


    Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/eldarmurt...=eldarmurtazin
    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: How will the battery life be compared to the Droid Razr Maxx?

    battery life is good for s5 you should wait for other tests too...
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: How will the battery life be compared to the Droid Razr Maxx?

    why does yours have a long battery life? mine lasts about half a day.
  6. #6  
    procol's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

    Default Re: How will the battery life be compared to the Droid Razr Maxx?

    Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
    You can't solely base battery life on mAH capacity.

    To put it simply, the S5 has incorporated many things in a hope to improve battery life. They have increased the total capacity by 200mAh, the Snapdragon 801 is supposed to sip battery and they incorporated software optimization to reduce battery drain.

    In preliminary testing the S5 has done quite well, in one test the S5 acheived 12:30 of video playback on full brightness and in another test done by a Bulgarian website, it was crowned the longest lasting smartphone they have tested.

    With this said, we must still wait for other tests to be done before we can accurately guage battery life or even begin to compare it with other devices.

    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/24/mutubu2e.jpg
    Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/eldarmurt...=eldarmurtazin
    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Right. Hardware geek site in Korea already has done GS5 battery test and the result was translated already.. Even GS5 has 2800mAh battery, the test result almost on par with Note 3 with 3200mAh one. GS5 even beats Note 3 in the web browsing test(GS5 SAMOLED display must be the next generation of SAMOLED of GN3). Armed with ultra power saving mode, some battery optimization solution from 3rd party and removable battery, GS5 is likely to prevail at least in battery life part.
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  
    Joe113's Avatar

    Posts
    853 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

    Default Re: How will the battery life be compared to the Droid Razr Maxx?

  8. #8  
    Foolo's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S5: How will the battery life be compared to the Droid Razr Maxx?

    it says note 3 has it, really?

    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Android TV box - cannot connect to it via wifi from phone or laptop
    By felix001 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 03:44 PM
  2. Calendar apps that sync directly to my google calendar?
    By MrDoh in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 07:37 PM
  3. How to delete auto back up pictures and Videos from Gallery in samsung note 3
    By Abdul Rahman B Jabbar in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 06:23 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 02:51 PM
  5. The Story Behind A Burlesque Portrait
    By Harvinder Sunila in forum General Photography Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2014, 01:10 PM

Posting Permissions