Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jdroids
  • 1 Post By Myronmack
  • 1 Post By Premium1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hands on with the Galaxy S5

I went to BB and played with the s5 for awhile, I was left very impressed! The camera is amazing! They've really did a good job with cleaning up the interface and clutter, their is a link in the camera app to download more shooting modes and 4 are available right now, 1 mode is completely new called light trace"

In the demo phone the fingerprint scanner is not on the device for obvious reasons, but over all I'm excited.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-28-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Default Re: Hands on with the s5

Nice! .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I stopped at my local Best Buy, and they do not have them on display. Just wondering, would you consider the "Shimmery White" feminine looking at all?

How is camera focus/shutter speed? Some folks said it's quite slow despite their 0.3sec claim from phase detection auto-focus tech.
    I'm more interested in speed of single shot mode, not multi-shot mode for refocusing that's slow. If single shot is slow to shoot, that's disappointing.
    spawndoodling likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Samsung was not joking it does have a very fast shutter speed on normal mode

Thanked by:
    Jdroids likes this.

They're only in popular cities. In mn they're only in the twin cities.

Quote Originally Posted by livefreak View Post
    I stopped at my local Best Buy, and they do not have them on display. Just wondering, would you consider the "Shimmery White" feminine looking at all?
    Put a case on it in any color you want.

Does the camera have the 'Surround shot' (Photosphere) mode as the note 3 has? I use it alot to make 360 deg shots for Google maps street view.
    My Note 3 did not have the 4K video mode as it wasn't the snapdragon model.....do all the S 5 's have 4K video or are there different CPU's like the Note 3?

Quote Originally Posted by livefreak View Post
    I wouldn't. I always buy white phones. They look so clean. Black phones look so boring to meet and show grease and fingerprints.
    iPhone 5S+Galaxy S5 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Follow Me:

App.Net: sleepnclass
    Twitter: sleepnclass

Peace & Blessings.

I saw somewhere on here that there were directions to find out what stores had them to demo...i can''t for the life of me find it anymore. Anyone know how to find out what best buy stores have them to demo?

Quote Originally Posted by deadp1xel View Post
    I wouldn't. I always buy white phones. They look so clean. Black phones look so boring to meet and show grease and fingerprints.
    I'm with y'all. I think the white one is far and away the best looking of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevez48 View Post
    I saw somewhere on here that there were directions to find out what stores had them to demo...i can''t for the life of me find it anymore. Anyone know how to find out what best buy stores have them to demo?
    Samsung Galaxy S 5: Galaxy Smartphone - Best Buy
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Hands on with the Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Myronmack View Post
    I went to BB and played with the s5 for awhile, I was left very impressed! The camera is amazing! They've really did a good job with cleaning up the interface and clutter, their is a link in the camera app to download more shooting modes and 4 are available right now, 1 mode is completely new called “light trace"

In the demo phone the fingerprint scanner is not on the device for obvious reasons, but over all I'm excited.

What does "Light Trace" do?
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

I was also impressed. Felt really good in hand and was so smooth scrolling between screens and apps. I actually liked it more compared to the one. The one feels slippery, with the metal finish. Plus felt much smaller compared to the one. Mark me as one who isn't a huge fan of the metal on the one. It also was pretty hot from the short amount of time using it, not sure if it was a bad model or what. But I think the s5 is going to get a lot of sales because it's a solid device and felt like much more than a "minor upgrade" over the s4
    GrooveRite likes this.

They have them at att stores now too if best buy around you doesn't have them.

is there a temperature sensor in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    I was also impressed. Felt really good in hand and was so smooth scrolling between screens and apps. I actually liked it more compared to the one. The one feels slippery, with the metal finish. Plus felt much smaller compared to the one. Mark me as one who isn't a huge fan of the metal on the one. It also was pretty hot from the short amount of time using it, not sure if it was a bad model or what. But I think the s5 is going to get a lot of sales because it's a solid device and felt like much more than a "minor upgrade" over the s4
    Criticize them all you want, Samsung makes a solid device! I feel that that is the main reason they sell so many units.....not marketing as some say.

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts

Playing with one now. It's so much faster/snappier than my S4

Booo.. no Connecticut best buy stored listed.... thank you very much for the link!

You should be able to go to the best buy website and navigate thru there. I can't remember exactly where, but that's how I found a best buy near me. Sorry if this is Kind of vague, but I can't find the link

Thanked by:

Went to Best buy and I am impressed with the power saving grey screen with two options and the ability to still surf the web and text receive calls.

Just wish they upgraded from the S4 but not the screen, the S4 in my hand is perfect.

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    They have them at att stores now too if best buy around you doesn't have them.
    Which ones? All of them?! If so I'm going to look today!

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atg284 View Post
    Which ones? All of them?! If so I'm going to look today!
    Just called my local at&t store and the do have one on display! And yes I just quoted myself there