Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By msavic6
  • 1 Post By Adranalyne
  • 1 Post By HOLLYWOODANT215
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S5 & HTC One M8 Video Comparison Test.

This is the first video comparison test I have seen between the two devices. One thing that is very apparent is the lack of OIS on both of the devices and it seems that S5 has better and more accurate colors while the M8 tends to over expose the footage.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    smooth4lyfe likes this.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 & HTC One M8 Video Comparison Test.

Galaxy S5 has more realistic colors

The M8 just adds too much brightness and overexpose to the camera, which makes the colors not as realistic but u can see dark places better

I prefer the S5

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 via Tapatalk
    - Using the Sony Xperia Z3! -
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Galaxy S5 has more realistic colors

The M8 just adds too much brightness and overexpose to the camera, which makes the colors not as realistic but u can see dark places better

I prefer the S5

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 via Tapatalk
    On the S5 we also have HDR video so if you are recording in a shadowed place, the HDR video mode will easily brighten up the scene.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Almost looks like the HTC had Vaseline on its lens. Clearly a win for the S5

The htc is just not exposing correctly outdoors. I would think this is something that they can correct in a software update if exposure is the case. But if it's a hardware issue with the ultra pixel sensor always pulling in more light than "standard" sensors, too bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a shocker. HTC skimped on the camera and it shows. The apologists will keep making excuses, but it's a significant weakness.

Posted via Android Central App
    madlaw1071 likes this.

It's no contest. The S5 has a 1/2.5" isocell sensor. Even though the M8 has larger pixels, it has a smaller 1/3" sensor. It also lacks the OIS that gave the M7 a leg up in low light. The M8 shares almost all the same weaknesses that the M7 had in outdoor conditions. The M8 camera doesn't even stack up against the S4, so it has no chance against the S5.

Sorry to sound so butthurt, but I was really leaning towards the M8 until I found out they took the biggest flaw in the M7 and did nothing to improve it. HTC was so focused on design that they completely ignored a basic and critical feature in a modern smartphone. I mean, if design is all that matters, why not use Android 2.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    It's no contest. The S5 has a 1/2.5" isocell sensor. Even though the M8 has larger pixels, it has a smaller 1/3" sensor. It also lacks the OIS that gave the M7 a leg up in low light. The M8 shares almost all the same weaknesses that the M7 had in outdoor conditions. The M8 camera doesn't even stack up against the S4, so it has no chance against the S5.

Sorry to sound so butthurt, but I was really leaning towards the M8 until I found out they took the biggest flaw in the M7 and did nothing to improve it. HTC was so focused on design that they completely ignored a basic and critical feature in a modern smartphone. I mean, if design is all that matters, why not use Android 2.3?
    You have every right to be disappointed. This device is severely overrated and it's not just the camera.

I felt like M8 is more stable?

@T-Mobile GN3
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3/ZTE OPEN C
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510/GTS 8.4

M8 is overrated on this site...to many ppl praise it just to not like Samsung

Xzibit3 likes this.