Samsung Galaxy S5 includes a Baby Monitor

PapaBear44

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Looks like standard procedure to me if you have a app that can't make it in the marketplace cram it down their throats through bloatware

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Kind of interesting in a way. Especially given all of the accessories that Withings creates for iPhones. They have baby monitors, scales, etc. Kind of shocked it took this long for a phone to be used in this way.

procol

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
There's a reason why it's hidden in the hearing section under accessibility menu. This feature is mainly for the hearing impaired parents, I guess. However, I think this will be useful sometimes for the parents without the hearing disabilities too.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
As a father of 3, I find it useless also. No replacement for a regular baby monitor, and even better a baby monitor with screen showing the baby.

What this does is keep you away from your phone for a period of time to play with your watch lol

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
There's a reason why it's hidden in the hearing section under accessibility menu. This feature is mainly for the hearing impaired parents, I guess. However, I think this will be useful sometimes for the parents without the hearing disabilities too.

This. Most people without a hearing disability won't be using/needing this whatsoever. It's nice to know Sammy is looking out for everyone 😊😊👍👍

Posted via Android Central App

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
If your phone has to be next to the baby when it's crying (within 1m) I don't see how this would be useful for anyone? I have kids and also work with Deaf parents...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

procol

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
If your phone has to be next to the baby when it's crying (within 1m) I don't see how this would be useful for anyone? I have kids and also work with Deaf parents...

AFAIK, this feature goes with wearable devices of Samsung such as Gear 2, Gear Neo and Gear Fit. You place the phone next to the baby and it will give the alert to the wearable device the parent put on while sleeping at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance