TNW posts their Galaxy S5 review

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: TNW posts their S5 review

I wish the review talked about battery life but this review really solidifies my decision to pick the S5.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I wish the review talked about battery life but this review really solidifies my decision to pick the S5.

Ya me too but I think he said the unit they were using wasn't final so I guess it makes sense for them not to comment.

- - - Updated - - -

I still don't know if I want the Note 3 or S5. I really liked the Note 3 but the S5 has some advantages over it.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I gave up my Note 2 for the GS4 because the Note was too. So this is a no brainer for me.

The part about the awesome .25 second auto focus sealed the deal.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I gave up my Note 2 for the GS4 because the Note was too. So this is a no brainer for me.

The part about the awesome .25 second auto focus sealed the deal.

I was not a fan of the Note 2. Slow piece of hot garbage with a 2 hour SOT. Hated that flimsy piece of crap. I took the risk and bought the Note 3 and it was a billion times better. The Note 3 is better than the Note 2 in every conceivable way.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Nice review, I just hope that the fingerprint scanner works better than advertised, because this review makes it look pretty bad.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Nice review, I just hope that the fingerprint scanner works better than advertised, because this review makes it look pretty bad.

Yeah I have high hopes for the finger print sensor. In theory it has plenty of functionality that I find useful, until I purchase the S5 I won't get a chance to see first hand how it works since all the demo models block the feature.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I have high hopes for the finger print sensor. In theory it has plenty of functionality that I find useful, until I purchase the S5 I won't get a chance to see first hand how it works since all the demo models block the feature.

I'm really hoping Samsung didn't pull an HTC and just threw it on so they could say that they have one like Apple. I hate that about Samsung and other Android OEMs. Put in the work and make it awesome like Touch ID.

LancelotSA

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site

I'm really hoping Samsung didn't pull an HTC and just threw it on so they could say that they have one like Apple. I hate that about Samsung and other Android OEMs. Put in the work and make it awesome like Touch ID.

And what I hate even more is the entire world thinking a feature is a must have just because Apple did it...

vamp464

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
TNW posts their S5 review

So apparently the scanner somehow never works and that's all we need to know, lol.

Annnnyways, good to hear the camera is great. I held a unit at my local company store a few days ago and agree it feels great in hand, moreso than the Note 3 even. Dare I say I might go case-less with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

And what I hate even more is the entire world thinking a feature is a must have just because Apple did it...

Yeah honestly if I was Sammy I would have just tried something else like improved facial recognition or something. Or at least focused on it less. I feel like the ads are going to make a big deal about fingerprint scanning and less of a big deal about more important differentiating features like water resistance.

This is a great review. Has all but sold me. My contract is up this July and I might just take the plunge - part of me wanted to wait to see what Google and Motorola is going to offer, but I have a strong feeling I may stick with Samsung this time. The camera looks very impressive and that's a big deal for me, and I just know Google and Moto aren't going to catch up even if they make their cameras substantially better than last year's.

This is a solid phone. I don't understand all of the hate. I think it's unfair and unjustified.

Posted via Android Central App

LancelotSA

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site

Yeah honestly if I was Sammy I would have just tried something else like improved facial recognition or something. Or at least focused on it less. I feel like the ads are going to make a big deal about fingerprint scanning and less of a big deal about more important differentiating features like water resistance.

It's insane. There is no chance I'd be choosing my next phone based on whether it has a fingerprint sensor. I will certainly factor in the camera and water resistance though. Features that affect real life usage.

Xzibit3

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

I'm pretty sure they will focus more on the water/dust proofing, that's what they did with the teaser video.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

A front facing IR camera to allow for facial recognition in low light or even darkness would have been way more useful than a fingerprint scanner.

I think the S6 has been chance of including an iris scanner, which would be ideal. I think they wanted one in the S5, but it wasn't good/cheap enough to be practical.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

The S5 camera sounds top notch. Probably headed this way now instead of the M8. 👍

Sent from my HTC One

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835