Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Brandon Barnes1
  • 3 Post By peteypab2133
  • 1 Post By tarpon6
  • 1 Post By Raptor007
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Default Petition to Bring 32GB Galaxy S5 to Sprint

Somebody over at the Sprint.com Community started a petition to bring the 32GB S5 to Sprint. Sign it here: Sprint should offer the 32gb version of the Galaxy S5 - PetitionBuzz
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-06-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Default Re: Petition to Bring 32GB S5 to Sprint

Would make sense if other companies had a 32GB but no one has the 32GB version and there is no time frame for when it will be available. The petition will have no effect.

Your paying an additional $50 for 16 gigs of storage. You can get a 32 gig sd card for less and have 48 gigs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by peteypab2133 View Post
    Your paying an additional $50 for 16 gigs of storage. You can get a 32 gig sd card for less and have 48 gigs?

Or just buy the 128GB card.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4,950 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Or, actually know that adding a microSD card does nothing for internal storage which is a) faster, b) the only place to put apps on Kit Kat and c) doesn't resolve the amount of bloatware and available space being too small.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

My S3 is 32GB, I thought with the S5 I'd be getting a 64GB device, not hoping they will at least offer 32GB. With Kit Kat and app restrictions 32GB is desirable.
    erinpac likes this.

Global Posts
    4,950 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Samsung needs to drop the 16GB version on the GS6 like they did on the GN3 last year. 16GB is just too little storage for today's devices.
    erinpac likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Samsung needs to drop the 16GB version on the GS6 like they did on the GN3 last year. 16GB is just too little storage for today's devices.
    Amen !!

Quote Originally Posted by peteypab2133 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by stackberry369 View Post
    Or just buy the 128GB card.

Posted via Android Central App
    KitKat dont allow write access to external memory cards and makes it kinda useless. Unless root the phone and change write permission self.

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Woo1 View Post
    KitKat dont allow write access to external memory cards and makes it kinda useless. Unless root the phone and change write permission self.
    This is wrong. Not sure why you keep posting it. It largely depends on the app. You CAN have vidoes and pictures saved directly onto the SD card with the stock camera app.

Quote Originally Posted by atg284 View Post
    This is wrong. Not sure why you keep posting it.
    Which way its wrong? Apps dont have direct write access and external memory can only stored files. If u move it manual later to external card.

Galaxy Note SM-P605

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

Which way its wrong? Apps dont have direct write access and external memory can only stored files. If u move it manual later to external card.

Galaxy Note SM-P605
    apps if written properly will be able to store files on the SD card. I know you can't move the whole thing over.

Quote Originally Posted by atg284 View Post
    apps if written properly will be able to store files on the SD card. I know you can't move the whole thing over.
    These apps is using a "temp" folder to store files and if uninstall the app. All data saved will be deleted too along with this temp folder. Or modify framework to enable write access.
    Not all devs or gonna use these methods and sure wont bigger companys. Sure if u think all devs will find ways to bypass and enable write access to external card. Then 16GB sill be enough.
    But im sure Google will close these loopholes with new updates.
    Its just a stupid decision by Google.

Galaxy Note SM-P605

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

These apps is using a "temp" folder to store files and if uninstall the app. All data saved will be deleted too along with this temp folder. Or modify framework to enable write access.
    Not all devs or gonna use these methods and sure wont bigger companys. Sure if u think all devs will find ways to bypass and enable write access to external card. Then 16GB sill be enough.
    But im sure Google will close these loopholes with new updates.
    Its just a stupid decision by Google.

Galaxy Note SM-P605
    Everything I read says Google did this for security reasons. So one app cannot look into another apps folder. Like say, a music app cannot look into your banking app's folder. Not sure why you are saying there is a loophole. Google is closing the wide open access apps had on the sd card. Yes this will make some things difficult initially but it will be a much more secure situation once the apps are updated to handle this new method of using the SD card. I didn't like it at first but if you research why it happened it makes much more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Barnes1 View Post
    Would make sense if other companies had a 32GB but no one has the 32GB version and there is no time frame for when it will be available. The petition will have no effect.
    Both 16GB and 32GB Galaxy S5 models will be sold by T-Mobile | TmoNewsTmoNews

My local store also confirmed this to me last week.

Global Posts
    4,950 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

If only T-Mo had better coverage in my area they would be an option.

They will just be making it a lot easier for me to leave them for a better alternative. I would be leaving them mainly for better data service.

Global Posts
    4,950 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I cannot believe that T-Mobile will be the ONLY US carrier to offer a 32GB version. Verizon & ATT will have to do it, just won't be right away, but they will if only to get more sales after the initial rush. I always wondered perhaps Samsung just doesn't have the capacity to build 32GB for all markets and makes the carriers wait or if its the carriers jerking us around or both.