Differences between white and black?

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Went to best buy today to demo the S5 and only the white was on display. The back was a dimpled hard plastic and not the soft touch I've been reading about. Has anyone seen the black and if so is it different from the white? I was quite disappointed with the look and feel of the white.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Went to best buy today to demo the S5 and only the white was on display. The back was a dimpled hard plastic and not the soft touch I've been reading about. Has anyone seen the black and if so is it different from the white? I was quite disappointed with the look and feel of the white.

Well the problem with having a back too soft is that it would get damaged easily and absorb oils and such. I think its perfect but I'm biased with me sitting here using a Note 2014 tablet :p

Also I'm putting a case on my S5 right quick!

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't think the black has been seen in the wild yet. FWIW, I liked the harder plastic as a soft plastic would have been too easily damaged. I was pleasantly surprised by both the look and feel of the white one, but everyone's different I guess.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the black has been seen in the wild yet. FWIW, I liked the harder plastic as a soft plastic would have been too easily damaged. I was pleasantly surprised by both the look and feel of the white one, but everyone's different I guess.
I preferred the S4 to the look and feel of the white. The black and white nexus 5s have different finishes on the back.

anon(8702321)

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Omg, the way you worded that made me laugh. "The black hasn't been seen in the wild" lol.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If you compare the Note 3 black and white versions you will notice a very different texture on the back covers. The White version has a harder plastic to prevent staining while the black version is more soft and comfortable to use.

I have a feeling the same thing is going on with the S5 where the black/blue version will have a more comfortable back plate.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Really? I went to play with it today at Best Buy and I loved the leather feel of the back, feels way better than the S4 and feels like the Note back
The dimples were much smaller than I thought

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Really? I went to play with it today at Best Buy and I loved the leather feel of the back, feels way better than the S4 and feels like the Note back
The dimples were much smaller than I thought

I was really impressed with the back of the s5 today. They took the improved back of the Note 3 and made it much better. I was surprised how nice the phone was in person.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
You are imagining it, have seen and held them both and they are exactly the same...except for the color that is. Don't spend too much time giving Samsung any credit for being imaginative with ascetics:)