Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will the S5 support Straight Talk if purchased for full price from AT&T?

Never owned a smartphone before, so I'm not exactly sure how it works. But if I purchased the S5 for full price from AT&T outright, would I be able to switch to Straight Talk immediately after?

Default Re: Will the S5 support Straight Talk if purchased for full price from AT&T?

Quote Originally Posted by nekibo View Post
    Never owned a smartphone before, so I'm not exactly sure how it works. But if I purchased the S5 for full price from AT&T outright, would I be able to switch to Straight Talk immediately after?
    No, I don't believe so because even if purchased outright from AT&T the device is not SIM unlocked.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Will the S5 support Straight Talk if purchased for full price from AT&T?

Quote Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post
    No, I don't believe so because even if purchased outright from AT&T the device is not SIM unlocked.
    According to an article posted here not too long ago, it says the AT&T device doesn't need to be unlocked to take advantage of Straight Talk.

Straight Talk now offering AT&T LTE with supported phones | Android Central

"You'll need a compatible phone from AT&T and a 30 day $45 "unlimited" plan, and a new SIM card from the company, but after that you should be good to go -- there's no need to unlock your phone."

AT&T compatible locked or unlocked will work you just need straight talks AT&T SIM.I have at&t s5 it work fine

Hi,
    I am buying an unlocked ATT s5 and will use it on straight talk. Will I be able to use the tethering (mobile hotspot)?