Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which 128gb micro sd card to get?

I know sometimes micro sd cards don't work. The 128gb ones look expensive. I want to make sure it works before I buy it. Any suggestions?

Global Posts
    19,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Which 128gb micro sd card to get?

I don't know of a way to try it before you buy it, but you can buy it from a seller with a generous return/exchange policy.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Also, run SD Insight to make sure the card is what it says it is.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

I have used the Sandisk 128gb microSDXC card and it worked fine on my note 3 and s3. Got it for $120. A few weeks back. I think price went up though.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I have used the Sandisk 128gb microSDXC card and it worked fine on my note 3 and s3. Got it for $120. A few weeks back. I think price went up though.

They did. Best buy has them in stock online for $200.
    iPhone 5S+Galaxy S5 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Follow Me:

App.Net: sleepnclass
    Twitter: sleepnclass

Peace & Blessings.

Nice!!.....Good price right there!

Global Posts
    5,141 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Amazon usually has good prices, Best Buy, not so much.

I just ordered this one from Amazon at the $119 price however it is on backorder. Hopefully not for too long

I hope the S5 doesnt gave the problem with killing memory cards. I have a 64gb on my tab 3 but probably go with a 32gb for my S5

Posted via Android Central App

I would suggest purchasing the SanDisk brand. I've been using them for years and never had a problem. They are a little more expensive, but worth it IMO

Amazon has the 64 GB in stock but the 128 is out of stock. You can also find the Sandisk on ebay, but its very expensive. Just be aware of knockoffs and check it when it arrives. Also there's this one for sale, but it's not Sandisk but the guy does have 100% positive feedback. It's $70.

Quote Originally Posted by xjesterx View Post
    Amazon has the 64 GB in stock but the 128 is out of stock. You can also find the Sandisk on ebay, but its very expensive. Just be aware of knockoffs and check it when it arrives. Also there's this one for sale, but it's not Sandisk but the guy does have 100% positive feedback. It's $70.
    Expensive on EBAY is not the word for it at those prices you would think that little chip was made out of solid gold and then some. The other one I don't know if I would buy it or not at the price they are asking. I think I would wait for the vender on ebay to restock but be careful of any Chinese fake Sandisk that may pop up. I am going to wait and see what happens as the 2 - 64 gb Sandisk are good enough for me now and for some time.

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by japetty View Post
    Expensive on EBAY is not the word for it at those prices you would think that little chip was made out of solid gold and then some. The other one I don't know if I would buy it or not at the price they are asking. I think I would wait for the vender on ebay to restock but be careful of any Chinese fake Sandisk that may pop up. I am going to wait and see what happens as the 2 - 64 gb Sandisk are good enough for me now and for some time.
    This exactly. I don't think I would trust that one on ebay. If I had to guess I bet it would be much slower than SanDisk and would not last as long. You really have to watch for fake SD cards on ebay :/

Quote Originally Posted by atg284 View Post
    This exactly. I don't think I would trust that one on ebay. If I had to guess I bet it would be much slower than SanDisk and would not last as long. You really have to watch for fake SD cards on ebay :/
    No telling what might come out of China from many of the lesser known companies and at those prices I lean heavily toward Sandisk but there are also Sandisk impostor.