Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon S5 supports svlte, but not svdo or volte. Radio info inside.

According to the fcc filing, the Verizon S5 supports svlte but not svdo or volte.

On the radio side, it supports gsm/EDGE /utms 850/1900. Lte support for bands 4 and 13. It is most likely a quad band gsm but fcc filing only deals with US bands.

I can post this for other carriers if this is something that people are interested in

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Default Re: Verizon S5 supports svlte, but not svdo or volte. Radio info inside.

What about for Sprint S5? Thx

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Verizon S5 supports svlte, but not svdo or volte. Radio info inside.

wait question.. volte I don't care about because that'll probably suck battery, but what's the other two?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
    wait question.. volte I don't care about because that'll probably suck battery, but what's the other two?

Svlte =simultaneous voice and data over 4GLTE

Svdo =simultaneous voice and data over evdo (3g)

Thanked by:

I figured ok thanks. seems they're doing away with simultaneous 3g and voice. they're really only focusing on 4g now.

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Wasn't Verizon supposed to be moving to VoLTE this year and if so why wouldn't the latest phone support it and will there be a software update later to add the ability or has Verizon done the usual thing and screwed their customers by not making it capable of future needs on their horizon.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Wasn't Verizon supposed to be moving to VoLTE this year and if so why wouldn't the latest phone support it and will there be a software update later to add the ability or has Verizon done the usual thing and screwed their customers by not making it capable of future needs on their horizon.
    Probably not an update since it isn't in the fcc filing. Verizon could file again, but not likely. On the s4, the fcc filing mentioned b4 support even though it wasn't officially available until an update months after release.

Verizon won't sunset cdma until 2021 at the earliest anyway, so you should be fine unless you plan to keep your phone until that time.

any chance you can post these for sprint s5 I have an s4 and want to upgrade but I use svLTE and don't want to lose it. thnx

or if you know the sprint FCCID so I could look it up would be great as well?