Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bootloader will be locked

I was reading that according to recent chats with Sprint and Samsung reps, Sprint is joining the other U.S. carriers and will lock the bootloader of the S5. I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to root this thing. Although I don't need custom roms, but I definitely need to be able to root my phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    348 Global Posts

Default Re: Bootloader will be locked

Quote Originally Posted by adlebo View Post
    I was reading that according to recent chats with Sprint and Samsung reps, Sprint is joining the other U.S. carriers and will lock the bootloader of the S5. I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to root this thing. Although I don't need custom roms, but I definitely need to be able to root my phone.

[HOW TO] Gain root, custom recovery, prep for modding on your SM-G900F - xda-developers

edit: Seems to be for international only so far :/

Global Posts
    7,888 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Bootloader will be locked

Quote Originally Posted by adlebo View Post

Chainfire already has an autoroot file for the S5

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
    atg284