BOGO on Verizon Galaxy S5 pre-orders

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
So excited I can barely contain myself. Was hoping after the m8 that they would continue the promotion and they are. Bogo on pre-orders that's unheard of. Verizon is starting to do great things.. Hope they continue :)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: BOGO on Verizon s5 pre-orders

There surely has to be a catch with these kinds of offers. No Canadian carrier has ever had a deal like this and I doubt they ever will in thr future.

So what does the fine print say for this offer?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Same as every other one with discounted pricing. Must give ur life to them for two years lol.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

There surely has to be a catch with these kinds of offers. No Canadian carrier has ever had a deal like this and I doubt they ever will in thr future.

The Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 is BOGO, but to get there is a $50 MIR per device to get this price.

de8e3aze.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

That is a great deal. As long as you need a second full contract, that is.

Nothing is free in life, right, lol!

I'm looking to switch from Sprint to Verizon. I wonder if they would give me my second FREE S5 so I could give it to my brother. He has the S4 with Verizon but isn't up for his upgrade till next year. If I tell them you give me what I want and I'll open up a contract with you, you think they would do that for me??

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

They would you would just have to pay 350 to cancel the line which I still don't think is a bad trade off for a 600 dollar phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

They would you would just have to pay 350 to cancel the line which I still don't think is a bad trade off for a 600 dollar phone.

If you have a current account with them, add a line to get it then terminate the line within 3 days to get the activation fee waived.

If not then they may charge you a month's service.

Also beware that you probably won't get the rebate if you etf line

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Catch? Just a 2 year contract.. Standard practice in the US.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

So it would be best to have my brother open a new line for me on his account or should I just open one up myself so I can take advantage of the free extra phone?? My goal is to get myself and my brother the S5.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Verizon probably won't push an upgrade that far out, but doesn't hurt to ask. It would probably be cheaper for you to join your brother's account.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

The real catch is you get stuck with two 16GB phones instead of a good 32GB phone. I wonder what Samsung thinks about the BOGO including the M8 in the offer. Either way I will wait for a 3GB version, no 16GB phones for me.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

It looks to be a Verizon promotion, if Samsung wanted s5 only promotion then they would probably have to cut a deal with Verizon

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

So it would be best to have my brother open a new line for me on his account or should I just open one up myself so I can take advantage of the free extra phone?? My goal is to get myself and my brother the S5.

The second phone is not going to be free...like the guy above said it will cost you $350 etf to cancel the second line and give the phone to your brother or sell it. Like said above still a good price for a $600 phone of coarse according to the state you buy in you may also have to pay sales tax on the full price of the phones as well. BOGO is a good deal for those that need 2 phones and 1 new line added to their account or 2 people moving to VZW from another carrier. I have to pay full price to keep my unlimited data so I can't use many of these deals and don't want anything to do with carrier contracts.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

The real catch is you get stuck with two 16GB phones instead of a good 32GB phone. I wonder what Samsung thinks about the BOGO including the M8 in the offer. Either way I will wait for a 3GB version, no 16GB phones for me.

That is what would stop me plus the fact that it involves contracts which I won't have anything to do with on any carrier.. As far as I am concerned 16 gb phones should not even be sold but I know they will sell thousands of them and then we start hearing complaints about they can't download and play some game unless they take something else off.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

My S3 is a 32gb so there is no way I'll be settling for anything less with my new device.

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

So excited I can barely contain myself. Was hoping after the m8 that they would continue the promotion and they are. Bogo on pre-orders that's unheard of. Verizon is starting to do great things.. Hope they continue :)

I got the original Galaxy S/Fascinate via a BOGO, but didn't have it for the S3 release.

TriangleMan#AC

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Hi, I've searched this myself on the verizon website to no avail, and was wondering if anyone knew

Is it possible to capitalize on the BOGO by upgrading one device and activating a new line? On the website that is

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine so. My plan is actually to add two new lines and then just sell one of the phones and put the other on my main line and let the money from the sell of the other phone cover the 2 lines for the next two years. That way I can keep my unlimited data.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Hi, I've searched this myself on the verizon website to no avail, and was wondering if anyone knew

Is it possible to capitalize on the BOGO by upgrading one device and activating a new line? On the website that is

Very possible because that's what I did. Not sure if you can do it online but you can do it via phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt