Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Raptor007
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default BOGO on Verizon Galaxy S5 pre-orders

So excited I can barely contain myself. Was hoping after the m8 that they would continue the promotion and they are. Bogo on pre-orders that's unheard of. Verizon is starting to do great things.. Hope they continue :-)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: BOGO on Verizon s5 pre-orders

There surely has to be a catch with these kinds of offers. No Canadian carrier has ever had a deal like this and I doubt they ever will in thr future.

So what does the fine print say for this offer?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Same as every other one with discounted pricing. Must give ur life to them for two years lol.

Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
    There surely has to be a catch with these kinds of offers. No Canadian carrier has ever had a deal like this and I doubt they ever will in thr future.

The Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 is BOGO, but to get there is a $50 MIR per device to get this price.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

That is a great deal. As long as you need a second full contract, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by katmandoo122 View Post
    That is a great deal. As long as you need a second full contract, that is.
    Nothing is free in life, right, lol!

I'm looking to switch from Sprint to Verizon. I wonder if they would give me my second FREE S5 so I could give it to my brother. He has the S4 with Verizon but isn't up for his upgrade till next year. If I tell them you give me what I want and I'll open up a contract with you, you think they would do that for me??
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

They would you would just have to pay 350 to cancel the line which I still don't think is a bad trade off for a 600 dollar phone.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzy3970 View Post
    They would you would just have to pay 350 to cancel the line which I still don't think is a bad trade off for a 600 dollar phone.

If you have a current account with them, add a line to get it then terminate the line within 3 days to get the activation fee waived.

If not then they may charge you a month's service.

Also beware that you probably won't get the rebate if you etf line

Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post

Catch? Just a 2 year contract.. Standard practice in the US.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.

So it would be best to have my brother open a new line for me on his account or should I just open one up myself so I can take advantage of the free extra phone?? My goal is to get myself and my brother the S5.

Verizon probably won't push an upgrade that far out, but doesn't hurt to ask. It would probably be cheaper for you to join your brother's account.

Thanked by:

The real catch is you get stuck with two 16GB phones instead of a good 32GB phone. I wonder what Samsung thinks about the BOGO including the M8 in the offer. Either way I will wait for a 3GB version, no 16GB phones for me.

It looks to be a Verizon promotion, if Samsung wanted s5 only promotion then they would probably have to cut a deal with Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    So it would be best to have my brother open a new line for me on his account or should I just open one up myself so I can take advantage of the free extra phone?? My goal is to get myself and my brother the S5.
    The second phone is not going to be free...like the guy above said it will cost you $350 etf to cancel the second line and give the phone to your brother or sell it. Like said above still a good price for a $600 phone of coarse according to the state you buy in you may also have to pay sales tax on the full price of the phones as well. BOGO is a good deal for those that need 2 phones and 1 new line added to their account or 2 people moving to VZW from another carrier. I have to pay full price to keep my unlimited data so I can't use many of these deals and don't want anything to do with carrier contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    The real catch is you get stuck with two 16GB phones instead of a good 32GB phone. I wonder what Samsung thinks about the BOGO including the M8 in the offer. Either way I will wait for a 3GB version, no 16GB phones for me.
    That is what would stop me plus the fact that it involves contracts which I won't have anything to do with on any carrier.. As far as I am concerned 16 gb phones should not even be sold but I know they will sell thousands of them and then we start hearing complaints about they can't download and play some game unless they take something else off.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    My S3 is a 32gb so there is no way I'll be settling for anything less with my new device.

So excited I can barely contain myself. Was hoping after the m8 that they would continue the promotion and they are. Bogo on pre-orders that's unheard of. Verizon is starting to do great things.. Hope they continue :-)

I got the original Galaxy S/Fascinate via a BOGO, but didn't have it for the S3 release.

Hi, I've searched this myself on the verizon website to no avail, and was wondering if anyone knew

Is it possible to capitalize on the BOGO by upgrading one device and activating a new line? On the website that is

Default Re: BOGO on Verizon Galaxy S5 pre-orders

I would imagine so. My plan is actually to add two new lines and then just sell one of the phones and put the other on my main line and let the money from the sell of the other phone cover the 2 lines for the next two years. That way I can keep my unlimited data.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by TriangleMan#AC View Post
    Hi, I've searched this myself on the verizon website to no avail, and was wondering if anyone knew

Is it possible to capitalize on the BOGO by upgrading one device and activating a new line? On the website that is
    Very possible because that's what I did. Not sure if you can do it online but you can do it via phone.

Very possible because that's what I did. Not sure if you can do it online but you can do it via phone.

So would it be possible to upgrade one line and the other line would obviously be a new line. Though you do not want it, so would rather cancel it and pay the termination fee of $350 from what i read above. You will still be up if you use that phone for another line that is not due for upgrade or if you'd sell it. Correct? But would Verizon allow you to terminate your contact within a couple days?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot8148 View Post
    So would it be possible to upgrade one line and the other line would obviously be a new line. Though you do not want it, so would rather cancel it and pay the termination fee of $350 from what i read above. You will still be up if you use that phone for another line that is not due for upgrade or if you'd sell it. Correct? But would Verizon allow you to terminate your contact within a couple days?
    That is correct or wait the 14 days which is pass buyers remorse. As long as termination fees are paid they can't say you didn't thrill the agreement.