Galaxy S5: 32 gig from Verizon

Psyc

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I am going to hold out and see if they release a 32 gig version. Just like they did with the s4. I would love to use my upgrade but not at the cost of losing 8 to 9 gigs of free space do to over abundance of bloat ware.I don't want to put a custom rom on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: S5 32 gig from verizion

I suspect they will, it won't be sold in store you will have to order it at the store to be shipped to you or online telesales or web sales. I suspect it will be about 30 day spost GS5 16GB launch to allow for the initial rush and remove the buyers remorse crowd but now with Edge allowing you to trade up after 30 days and 50% paid off on a phone they will get users swapping none the less. For me I am waiting, not getting sucked into the honey pot with the 16GB joke.

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I am really having trouble understanding why 16GB w/ a microsd slot is such a big deal. Yes in 2014 phones should be coming with a minimum of 32GB, even 64GB, but they've provided a way to expand it yourself. I know you can't move some apps to the sd card yet, but really is it that big of a deal to wait for who knows how long for a model with an extra 16GB internal storage?

Psyc

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
More space more apps instead of having gigs of wasted space from bloatware that you can't remove unless root. So Verizon users what's the verdict how much space is there.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You probably won't need it. From what I read on vzw site I think it will take something like a 128gb sd card

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I was deciding between the note 3 and waiting for the galaxy s5 and got the note 3 when it got down to it I got the note 3 because the 32gb was the base model. I liked the bigger screen and s-pen functions but could live without them for which i like the ultra power saver option with the S5, and one hand use with the s5 compared to the note 3 but with 16GB ( around 10GB for you to use ) base model and no 32gb in sight decided to get the note 3

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I was deciding between the note 3 and waiting for the galaxy s5 and got the note 3 when it got down to it I got the note 3 because the 32gb was the base model. I liked the bigger screen and s-pen functions but could live without them for which i like the ultra power saver option with the S5, and one hand use with the s5 compared to the note 3 but with 16GB ( around 10GB for you to use ) base model and no 32gb in sight decided to get the note 3

I'm in the same boat, bored with the S4 and need a new toy. Was going to order the Note 3 but the loose home button problem has me just waiting for the Verizon 32GB S5 :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am really having trouble understanding why 16GB w/ a microsd slot is such a big deal. Yes in 2014 phones should be coming with a minimum of 32GB, even 64GB, but they've provided a way to expand it yourself. I know you can't move some apps to the sd card yet, but really is it that big of a deal to wait for who knows how long for a model with an extra 16GB internal storage?

While you are having trouble understanding why 16GB + microSD is such a big deal to many of us, I too have the same trouble understanding how anyone would settle for a 16GB (10GB after formatting) + microSD card on any phone in 2014. The more storage the better and Samsung should drop 16GB off their product list in the US and EU anyways.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Becuase internal storage =/= SD card storage, for a wide variety of reasons.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s