Those waiting for a 32gb version of the Galaxy S5.....

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
... what issue cant be solved with lets say a 64gb or even a 128gb sd card?

I am not a gamer ..... so maybe thats the point I'm missing?

Last edited by a moderator:

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Those waiting for a 32gb version of the S5.................

Ok..... lets say you have 8GB of usable space. Isnt that a lot of room for apps?
Some of the larger games take up a couple GB each. If you want more than a couple of them then you need more than 8GB of internal space.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Ok..... lets say you have 8GB of usable space. Isnt that a lot of room for apps?

It's definitely enough for the apps I use (currently 1GB on my phone). Hence why I won't be waiting a month and paying an extra $50 (or whatever it'll be) for a 32GB version.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I leave internal memory for apps and app data. Some apps take up a lot of space but some of the biggest are games with high res (Iron Man (1.10gb), Grand Theft Auto - SA (2.38gb), etc...). I haven't been playing these big games currently but I like to have the option of being able to when the time comes so 16gb wouldn't be a good option for me. External (micro SD card) for my media such as music (DJ Sets and mixes), video (720p/1080p) and all types of documents and files for transportation especially when I was taking classes for networking. I consider the micro sd card like my backpack! I like to carry many things :)

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

Looks like if you game on your phone.... then a 32gb is a better option. Looks like I can make by with a 16gb.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

It frankly isn't a big deal, at least not at this point. If you game a lot, yes, it's a pain, but I read an article that said that most people use less than 5GB for non-baked in apps (not saying it's accurate and I use a bit more than that, but still...) . If you vary substantially, then it's important, but I for one am glad that they didn't mess with the whole production line for 20% of their purchasers.

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Also keep in mind that there's supposedly only 7.86GB of free space on that 16GB internal memory out of the box.

A lot depends on how much factory bloat you can delete.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Looks like if you game on your phone.... then a 32gb is a better option. Looks like I can make by with a 16gb.

While I say 32gb should be the minimum internal storage, most people can get by with the 16gb version. If I had a choice, I'd pay the extra $50 to double the space plus you'd make it back when you sell it. That being said, you'll always have someone say they can't live without a 32gb when in reality they could. Like if they didn't offer one. :D

darkhan

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

I may not use 32GB? but at least I want the option instead of being limited. I really want the S5 now but I will just wait as I feel I would regret not getting the 32.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site

I read 10gb out of the box for S5. I have 50apps on my galaxy s4 and I have about 7gb available. And I can move more apps to the SD card if I want.

Posted via Android Central App

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

And I can move more apps to the SD card if I want.

Keep your apps in Internal storage. It makes things simpler and prevents problems (corrupt files & sd cards)....unless Google has fixed this with 4.4 KK.

chad rodgers

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Was at the Att store today. The demo had 10.53 GB of available storage. I took a pic but can't upload it. I'm sure the production model is higher by a bit with the Att demo crap not on there.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Was at the Att store today. The demo had 10.53 GB of available storage. I took a pic but can't upload it. I'm sure the production model is higher by a bit with the Att demo crap not on there.

This is what I've been reading at various sites over the last week. My current phone has a total of 1.2 GB for apps now. Yes 32gb is optimal but I don't game on the phone so 16(internal)+64 (sd) should suffice well for me.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

A 16GB phone with about 11GB of usable space is just fine for many, I don't put tons of games on my phone, but why should I settle for a lesser phone in terms of storage when for $50 more I can double that storage and NOT worry about removing apps or running out of space. Its not why should we need a 32GB version its why shouldn't we want it. Different needs for different users.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Re: Those waiting for a 32gb version of the Galaxy S5.....

I was going to wait but pulled the trigger based on a video posted on YouTube showing apps could be moved, but mainly based on using my Nexus 5 now with the games I actually play and not keep on my phone just cause I bought in the past am using only 4.5 GB. Plus, who am I kidding. I will be getting this mystery premium one and or lg3 lol

But if and when they release the 32. If I love the phone with return(if possible ) or sell the 16 and get the 32.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

... what issue cant be solved with lets say a 64gb or even a 128gb sd card?

I am not a gamer ..... so maybe thats the point I'm missing?
Not only games, apps takes up alot of space and photos/videos also takes big part of internal memory. Since KitKat dont allow write access anylonger to external memory cards. This will cause alot of problems and 16GB after kitkat update is way to small. Unless you dont takes any photos or videos, store media files and sure 16GB can be enough.
These days 32GB is mininum as I see it and all because damn Google disallow write access to external memory cards.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site

Not only games, apps takes up alot of space and photos/videos also takes big part of internal memory. Since KitKat dont allow write access anylonger to external memory cards. This will cause alot of problems and 16GB after kitkat update is way to small. Unless you dont takes any photos or videos, store media files and sure 16GB can be enough.
These days 32GB is mininum as I see it and all because damn Google disallow write access to external memory cards.

Photos and vids can go to external card. KitKat update? It comes with it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca