Those waiting for a 32gb version of the Galaxy S5.....

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Those waiting for a 32gb version of the Galaxy S5.....

Photos and vids can go to external card. KitKat update? It comes with it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

When u take photos, it will store at internal memory and have to move manually to external card later. Like recording videos in HD format, gonna take up alot of space and to move few GB later after takes also time. So kinda wasting time and not really pratical.
Google forced all OEMs to disable write access to external card with android 4.4 version. Before OEMs have ignored Google "directive" and kept write access to external memory. But not anylonger, after theirs new agreement and kinda stupid by Googles decision.

Galaxy Note SM-P605

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
When u take photos, it will store at internal memory and have to move manually to external card later. Like recording videos in HD format, gonna take up alot of space and to move few GB later after takes also time. So kinda wasting time and not really pratical.
Google forced all OEMs to disable write access to external card with android 4.4 version. Before OEMs have ignored Google "directive" and kept write access to external memory. But not anylonger, after theirs new agreement and kinda stupid by Googles decision.

Galaxy Note SM-P605

Surely there's an option in the camera app settings that let's you store pictures and videos on the SD card by default. It's my understanding that apps can still write to the card, but only to their own designated folder.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site

Surely there's an option in the camera app settings that let's you store pictures and videos on the SD card by default. It's my understanding that apps can still write to the card, but only to their own designated folder.

There is an option. I quit reading after that statement. Will let him/her think what they want. I am too old to internet argue ha ha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Sync/upload all new content of the Gallery to your cloud or NAS, then auto-erase on the phone what was uploaded. That way you will never run out of media space on your phone.

Brandon Barnes1

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

There's definitely videos on youtube of the S5 moving apps to the SD card. The apps developer just has to update the app.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Going to wait on the S5 32 gb as I did with the S4 or may do the Note 4. Not going to do a 16 gb and then find myself not happy with my phone.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I am one of the people who is ok with having a 16 gb phone. I'm not a gamer and I don't put music on my phone so whatever space that comes on the phone is more than enough. Although I understand why people would want the 32 gb, I don't understand why these same people are buying the 16 and then are whining about it. Why not just wait for the one you want?

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I am waiting.
I am one of the people who is ok with having a 16 gb phone. I'm not a gamer and I don't put music on my phone so whatever space that comes on the phone is more than enough. Although I understand why people would want the 32 gb, I don't understand why these same people are buying the 16 and then are whining about it. Why not just wait for the one you want?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Because if you did not know it by now, the majority of people are impatient! I will be happily waiting for the 32gb ver. :)

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Because if you did not know it by now, the majority of people are impatient! I will be happily waiting for the 32gb ver. :)
Lol I understand impatience. Its the crying like you're being forced to buy that 16gb that's annoying. 😂😂😂

Posted via Android Central App

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
On my current iPhone 4S, I have only about 4 GB used for apps. (37 apps, including a couple Angry Birds games and Infinity Blade 2).

The remaining 35GB of data is photos, videos, movies and music - all of which can be saved directly to the SDcard on a Android Phone.

(I have a 64GB iPhone)

So, for me anyway, I got no problems. Just going to buy a 64GB SDcard.

erinpac

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol I understand impatience. Its the crying like you're being forced to buy that 16gb that's annoying. ������

Posted via Android Central App

I suspect some are assuming the 32GB version won't ever hit their carrier. It didn't exactly have great availability on all carriers last time around, and then they offered a larger version that that at launch, which I don't recall ever seeing actually offered.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I would be very surprised if Verizon and AT&T don't offer a 32GB version, it may be a few weeks or a couple of months later but it will come along. Smaller carriers I can see why they won't its a cost issue. They need to commit a certain % or $ to Samsung (as they do to Apple who friggin gouges carriers) and in the end they just can't justify the sales. Verizon only offers the 32GB online or telesales or if a store orders it for you but no in store purchase which allows them to centralize their inventory. As for AT&T, the GS4 32GB came a couple weeks after the 16GB so with luck we should see it by EOM, I hope.

pego99

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a galaxy S4 16Gig with a 64 Gig Kingston micro sd. I had moved all the apps that allowed being moved to the sd card and I have only 2 gig left in the phone memory.
Today the micro sd card died. I will never buy kingston again. A lot of the apps that were on that card are showing android guy icons. At least the pics and movies were moved to dropbox but still sharing apps with the micro card is crap apps should be in the phone internal memory with pics video books on the extra card. This is why I want a 32 gig S5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze