Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree32Likes

Global Posts
    4,598 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: How long for Verizon to release a 32GB S5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by glwelser View Post
    I think it is ridiculous that they even bother with the 16g version. Way back when my S3 first came out, I read that in Korea, they considered anything less than the 64g version of the original Galaxy note as pretty much a joke. How is it that 2 full years later we are expected to be happy with a phone with one quarter of the onboard memory. Although it does have the capability to accept a 128g sd card, the onboard memory behaves differently, and isn't as efficient for certain things as the onboard. Not to mention, that I already have a class 10 64g card ...
    I don't think anyone needs less memory than they did in the past.
    I guess they think they know what we want, or need.
    I'll never understand why they wouldn't want to sell a more expensive item, whether we need it, or not !
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidoo1 View Post
    Exactly! I really wanted to jump on the S5, but honestly, with my 2 year old S3 having 32GB onboard it seems in many ways superior to the 16GB S5. I know the S5 has a better camera and somewhat better display, but it just seems silly to get a "new" device with half the space as my old one.
    I voiced the same thing when the S5 was announced - but was told by some members that "regular" people are fine with a 16gb device. Well fine, but at least give us the option. Had the M8 not been as tall as it is, I'd be a happy camper.
    "In God we trust....all others we investigate".

"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol".

Default Re: How long for Verizon to release a 32GB Galaxy S5?

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    I'm kinda getting bored with Samsung.
    This is my reason for moving away from them this year. If I can't get the G3 in the 3/32 with 805 soc, then the Note 4 will most likely be my next device.

ttt

Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Other than games.... why do you need a 32gb phone?
    My phone is also my designated music player. I have the 16 gig as well as a 32 gig sd card and I run out of room all the time so I constantly have to remove music in order to add new music. I don't game on my phone. Having a 32 gig as an option to choose from would be better than having no option at all.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinProfilin View Post
    Unless your gaming, you don't need 32gb.
    What's wrong with games?

-Suntan

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Why not, why should I settle for a 16GB phone, if I wanted to do that I would buy an iphone with no expansion. I want what I want and if an OEM can't offer it I simply look for one who can. Everyone has their preferences, some don't see the benefit or need of a phone above 16GB of storage (minus formatting and OS) and some don't see the benefit of external storage. I see the benefit of both 32GB and external storage and if HTC had been able to put a removable battery I would look at the M8, but then again that camera sucks, IMO.
    I love that someone feels almost the same as i. Although I don't need 16gb, I too feel 32 gb is better and I'm hoping the the 32 gb version of the s5 comes soon. Although the 16 gb S4 is sufficing for now. So far as the app2sd, I have found that app works on most android versions ive delt with. I can't see any reason it wouldn't work on the S5.
    I hope the 32gb version of the S5 will accept the same 128gb max external sd card. Just had mention my 2 cents worth.

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

For those who don't need 32GB then great you are in luck its not offered so it doesn't impact you. HOWEVER, for those like me who find 32GB an absolute necessity, then it is a HUGE ISSUE. Enough said, other than 4 months later an we still DO NOT HAVE A 32GB GS5.

Watching the Watchers takes a lot of memory. I'm holding out for at least 2TB of memory......

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    For those who don't need 32GB then great you are in luck its not offered so it doesn't impact you. HOWEVER, for those like me who find 32GB an absolute necessity, then it is a HUGE ISSUE. Enough said, other than 4 months later an we still DO NOT HAVE A 32GB GS5.
    Get an SD card then.

Posted via Android Central App

I've contact SS several times, they always confirm that the 32GB version has yet to be produced or sold anywhere, without a forecasted date. I'm not an apple fan by far, but when they have a release the items are for sale on the dates provided. SS announced the 32GB S5 6 months ago, and still nothing. It took them a few months after the phones release to get the wireless back for the S5 out, when someone buys a phone they want to buy all of the accessories that go with it right then. I like the Samsung product ( I have a Note 2014 Tablet) and would love to buy the the 32GB version of the S5. Samsung is missing the boat with not having products on the market as committed and flooding the market with too many versions. I've waited since launch for this but it looks like I'll be going with another Droid at the end on the month.

Global Posts
    4,598 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by deepseadiver View Post
    I've contact SS several times, they always confirm that the 32GB version has yet to be produced or sold anywhere, without a forecasted date. I'm not an apple fan by far, but when they have a release the items are for sale on the dates provided. SS announced the 32GB S5 6 months ago, and still nothing. It took them a few months after the phones release to get the wireless back for the S5 out, when someone buys a phone they want to buy all of the accessories that go with it right then. I like the Samsung product ( I have a Note 2014 Tablet) and would love to buy the the 32GB version of the S5. Samsung is missing the boat with not having products on the market as committed and flooding the market with too many versions. I've waited since launch for this but it looks like I'll be going with another Droid at the end on the month.
    I sure wouldn't hold my breath at this point. 6 more months and the S6 will be materializing.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456