Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,830 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

Default Galaxy S5: Coming From The Nexus 4

The S5 will be my first Samsung Galaxy phone. I'm coming from the Nexus 4. I was going to go for the Nexus 5, but I just couldn't get past the bland look of it. I liked the Nexus line for the pure Android experience as well as the quick updates straight from Google. I also liked the way I could get the updates over the air as compared to having to hook up the Samsung device to Kies. On average... how many OS updates will Samsung do for their flagship phones? Will there be only one or two updates as the next versions of Android are released? The pure Android experience was nice, however I see alot of good software in Samsung's devices. Because this will be my first Samsung Galaxy S device, I'm not concerned with the phone having a similar appearance to past Galaxy S devices. I looked at the HTC One M8, but decided to go with Samsung because of the company's business health. I believe there will be more support for Samsung's devices because the computer is doing extremely well. HTC isn't doing very well... hasn't for quite some time. I get the feeling that HTC is putting all their hope in just one model of a phone. Of course... alot of what I just stated is MY personal opinion. I am curious as to what others think.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-06-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

Default Re: Coming From The Nexus 4

First of all the Nexus 5 is a great phone. But for me I do not like vanilla Android. In touch wiz in your contacts you can swipe right to call or swipe left to text. The camera app kills vanilla Android.
    Also the updates un the US have to do more with the carrier than Samsung. My two and a half year old galaxy S2 on sprint started with gingerbread 2.3 and now has jellybean 4.1.2. My galaxy s4 got 4.3 in November and end of Feb I got over the air kit kat 4.4.2. I think that's a pretty good track record of updates. Whatever you choose have fun. Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:
    atg284Greg C 

Default Re: Coming From The Nexus 4

Oh, and I load in Nova launcher on all my phones straight away. I like infinite scrolling home screens as well as infinite and multiple dock scrolling. So Nova launcher with the new touch wiz underneath will be smoking.

Posted via Android Central App