Galaxy S5: Verizon Pre-Order Shipping Angst........ We've seen this before. R E L A X

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Thought I would bring this up.... since it seems to happen with every new phone that comes out.

Here's what is going to happen. Sometime this week, you will get a shipping notice that makes you think that "Hey! I just got a shipping notice today! I should get my phone maybe 1 or 2 days before its released at the brick and mortar stores! Yippie!!"

As you anxiously check your tracking number every 30 minutes to watch the movement of your new S5, it will eventually stall in one location and wont move. In some cases, it will just sit there for a day or two in a location less than an hour from your house.

It happens every year (especially with Verizon based on my personal experience). The carriers will ship the phone well before the time needed for you to get your phone on "opening day", however.... they have instructed UPS/FEDEX to hold the phone for delivery until the 11th.

Of course, some may get lucky... some always do. But most of us wont.

Relax.... its coming! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pre-Order Shipping Angst........ We've seen this before. R E L A X

Thought I would bring this up.... since it seems to happen with every new phone that comes out.

Here's what is going to happen. Sometime this week, you will get a shipping notice that makes you think that "Hey! I just got a shipping notice today! I should get my phone maybe 1 or 2 days before its released at the brick and mortar stores! Yippie!!"

As you anxiously check your tracking number every 30 minutes to watch the movement of your new S5, it will eventually stall in one location and wont move. In some cases, it will just sit there for a day or two in a location less than an hour from your house.

It happens every year (especially with Verizon based on my personal experience). The carriers will ship the phone well before the time needed for you to get your phone on "opening day", however.... they have instructed UPS/FEDEX to hold the phone for delivery until the 11th.

Spot on....it's gonna happen!

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Of course. It's like this with every new release from Verizon. I am going to take it one further this time though because the 11th is on a Friday. The Verizon orders don't deliver on Saturday so there are going to be a huge number of people that won't have a shinny new phone until next week. Just watch, it happens when they try to do it all on a Friday:)

Posted via Android Central App

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

So your saying I need to get friendly with my local postal service representative...got it! ;)

I've got a phone, some cases, cords, screen protectors, coming from amazon, ebay, and sprint this week.....It will be like Hanukkah of technology! :D

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

So your saying I need to get friendly with my local postal service representative...got it! ;)

I've got a phone, some cases, cords, screen protectors, coming from amazon, ebay, and sprint this week.....It will be like Hanukkah of technology! :D

What cases did u order? I snagged a spigen slim blue one that looks like the battery cover and a incipio neon yellow feather case

Spigen? [+Screen Shield] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Slim **NEW Release*... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IN6QI5Y...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3559679

Incipio Feather Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Retail Packaging - Neon Yellow by Incipio http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I0HUJVK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3559679

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

nice. thanks for the info. i've never pre-ordered a new phone through verizon before, so idk how it works. the entire time, i've been expecting to get it the 11th, which is friday, and that's fine with me. i doubted i'd get it early, but i was hoping i won't get it later, you know? they're vague about what the "may ship within 2 days of release" statement means, because it's covering their butts for if there's too many orders, shipping 2 days after would suffice.

either way, i'm hoping for the 11th haha

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

What cases did u order? I snagged a spigen slim blue one that looks like the battery cover and a incipio neon yellow feather case

Spigen? [+Screen Shield] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Slim **NEW Release*... Amazon.com: Spigen? [+Screen Shield] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Slim **NEW Release** [Ultra Fit] [Electric Blue] Full HD *Japanese* Screen Protector + Premium Matte Hard Case for Galaxy S5 / Galaxy SV / Galaxy S V (2014) - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Electr

Incipio Feather Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Retail Packaging - Neon Yellow by Incipio Amazon.com: Incipio Feather Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Retail Packaging - Neon Yellow: Cell Phones & Accessories

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Here is all what I have on order:

Amazon.com: Spigen? [METALLIZED BUTTONS] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Protective [Neo Hybrid] [Metal Slate] Bumper Case Slim Fit Dual Protection Cover for Galaxy S5 / Galaxy SV / Galaxy S V (2014) - Metal Slate (SGP10774): Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Spigen? [Heavy Duty] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Protective [Armor] [Tough Armor Gunmetal] Dual Layer EXTREME Protection Cover Heavy Duty Case for Galaxy S5 / Galaxy SV / Galaxy S V (2014) - Gunmetal (SGP10762): Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Samsung 64GB PLUS Micro SDXC with Adapter - up to 48MB/s - UHS-1 Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MPCGCA/AM): Computers & Accessories

SPIGEN Steinheil Screen Protector Crystal Clear 3 Pack for Galaxy S5 | eBay

NFC Tags Universal Mix Key Chain 3 Gift Pack All Android NTAG203 Topaz | eBay

New 6ft 6Feet 2M Standard USB 3 0 Male Type A to Micro B Cable Black High Speed | eBay

Car Mount Holder Bracket Cradle Stand for iPhone 5S HTC Samsung Mobile Phone GPS | eBay

I think I may have gone overboard just a tad :confused:

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

my question is this..i've seen a bunch of unboxing videos and the usb cable that comes with it looks like standard 2.0...isn't 3.0 supposed to look like the one you posted above? samsung isn't even shipping wiht a 3.0 cable??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech