5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
What is the feature/s you can't wait to use on your device?

I can't wait to try the finger print scanner and Testing the new security features. I was hoping Spark would be in my area at launch but it's not so I will have to wait for that.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
CAMERA. dear god, the camera.

i've had the LG G2 since september (launch day..longest i've had a phone in years lol) and although this phone is snappy, fast and awesome, my god the camera SUCKS. even with xdabebb's camera mod, it's still garbage. the software is bad, the video is horrendous, the pictures are filled with awful noise compression, and it's just bad. my GS3 and GS4 shot better pictures, and I was debating the M8 or the GS5...but nope, i need a good camera again. and from the looks of it, i'm going to be extremely happy with the GS5.

just hope it's not like the S4...although the s4 was an amazing, awesome, detail-filled camera/video camera, the rest of the phone sucked. TW was laggy as hell, the phone would get hot around the ear piece and camera, and the S4 was my daily driver from the 31st of may until the 12th of september...and i even switched back to my DNA in between there. so i really hope the S5 comes out better than the 4 did!

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
What is the feature/s you can't wait to use on your device?

I can't wait to try the finger print scanner and Testing the new security features. I was hoping Spark would be in my area at launch but it's not so I will have to wait for that.

Good Luck with the finger print thing. I would imagine that is just another one of Samsung's gimmick applications they come up with as the gimmicks they put on the past Samsung devices I have owned. I do hope it works as designed instead of something that just makes it difficult to use the phone if you want use that feature. To me I wish they would have paid more attention to the internal memory instead of the gimmicks. Put 32 gb internal memory not a useless 16 gb. I know for some 16 gb is just fine but for many it is not yet they put out the 16 gb and not the 32 gb at the same time so we can make choices.

Xzibit3

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Good Luck with the finger print thing. I would imagine that is just another one of Samsung's gimmick applications they come up with as the gimmicks they put on the past Samsung devices I have owned. I do hope it works as designed instead of something that just makes it difficult to use the phone if you want use that feature. To me I wish they would have paid more attention to the internal memory instead of the gimmicks. Put 32 gb internal memory not a useless 16 gb. I know for some 16 gb is just fine but for many it is not yet they put out the 16 gb and not the 32 gb at the same time so we can make choices.
Everyone that has tried the fingerprint scanner said it work perfectly.

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

I have heard some pretty good stuff about the finger print scanner. Not big on having 32gb the 16gb has served my purposes just fine

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Camera. I have a little one on the way and I've struggled getting good shots with my current HTC One M7.

Sent from my HTC One M7

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I decided to pick one up on Friday. The M8 is overrated and I want a camera that can best the Nexus 5 (which isn't that hard to do).

Posted via Android Central App

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Point me to some good reviews about the scanner because I have yet to read one good review about it.
Google is your friend. But most people that have spent time with it says it works fine albeit not as well as Apple's. I do wish there was no need for swiping but not a huge deal for me.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
It's just odd when you speak for everyone and most people.....but whatever you say, no need to high jack this thread.
Google is your friend. But most people that have spent time with it says it works fine albeit not as well as Apple's. I do wish there was no need for swiping but not a huge deal for me.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
There's plenty of videos highlighting the finger scanner on YouTube. Android Authority has one that goes through the set up process. Looks like it works just fine.

Posted via Android Central App

xjesterx

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
YEA. The camera. So tired of being let down or having to think about iphone. (it does have a good camera!). I've been waiting for an Android phone, Verizon, LTE... that I could really take on vacation and take the majority of shots with. Here's hoping!!!

marrzie

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Everyone that has tried the fingerprint scanner said it work perfectly.

Perfectly eh? Nice to know....... :confused:

Not trying to be rude by the way. I just think its a little bit disingenuous to make silly misleading statements like the one you made. It clearly does not work perfectly and to say everyone who has tried it says it does is just lying.

Sent from my moto g if you care.

Last edited:

Sh0wtime04

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Everything. Literally, everything....
I'm coming from a....wait for it...Droid Bionic. Bought it opening day in Sept 2011. I'm sure most of you can understand my high level of anticipation....