Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    What is the feature/s you can't wait to use on your device?

    I can't wait to try the finger print scanner and Testing the new security features. I was hoping Spark would be in my area at launch but it's not so I will have to wait for that.
    _____________________
    Sprint Customer since 98
    Phones Owned: Too Many To List
    Samsung Galaxy S5...right now
  2. #2  

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    CAMERA. dear god, the camera.

    i've had the LG G2 since september (launch day..longest i've had a phone in years lol) and although this phone is snappy, fast and awesome, my god the camera SUCKS. even with xdabebb's camera mod, it's still garbage. the software is bad, the video is horrendous, the pictures are filled with awful noise compression, and it's just bad. my GS3 and GS4 shot better pictures, and I was debating the M8 or the GS5...but nope, i need a good camera again. and from the looks of it, i'm going to be extremely happy with the GS5.

    just hope it's not like the S4...although the s4 was an amazing, awesome, detail-filled camera/video camera, the rest of the phone sucked. TW was laggy as hell, the phone would get hot around the ear piece and camera, and the S4 was my daily driver from the 31st of may until the 12th of september...and i even switched back to my DNA in between there. so i really hope the S5 comes out better than the 4 did!
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    ^^^^^^^
    5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...-1396804076975.jpg

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Retired Ambassador
  4. #4  

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Quote Originally Posted by phone-a-holic View Post
    What is the feature/s you can't wait to use on your device?

    I can't wait to try the finger print scanner and Testing the new security features. I was hoping Spark would be in my area at launch but it's not so I will have to wait for that.
    Good Luck with the finger print thing. I would imagine that is just another one of Samsung's gimmick applications they come up with as the gimmicks they put on the past Samsung devices I have owned. I do hope it works as designed instead of something that just makes it difficult to use the phone if you want use that feature. To me I wish they would have paid more attention to the internal memory instead of the gimmicks. Put 32 gb internal memory not a useless 16 gb. I know for some 16 gb is just fine but for many it is not yet they put out the 16 gb and not the 32 gb at the same time so we can make choices.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Quote Originally Posted by japetty View Post
    Good Luck with the finger print thing. I would imagine that is just another one of Samsung's gimmick applications they come up with as the gimmicks they put on the past Samsung devices I have owned. I do hope it works as designed instead of something that just makes it difficult to use the phone if you want use that feature. To me I wish they would have paid more attention to the internal memory instead of the gimmicks. Put 32 gb internal memory not a useless 16 gb. I know for some 16 gb is just fine but for many it is not yet they put out the 16 gb and not the 32 gb at the same time so we can make choices.
    Everyone that has tried the fingerprint scanner said it work perfectly.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Quote Originally Posted by japetty View Post
    Good Luck with the finger print thing. I would imagine that is just another one of Samsung's gimmick applications they come up with as the gimmicks they put on the past Samsung devices I have owned. I do hope it works as designed instead of something that just makes it difficult to use the phone if you want use that feature. To me I wish they would have paid more attention to the internal memory instead of the gimmicks. Put 32 gb internal memory not a useless 16 gb. I know for some 16 gb is just fine but for many it is not yet they put out the 16 gb and not the 32 gb at the same time so we can make choices.
    I have heard some pretty good stuff about the finger print scanner. Not big on having 32gb the 16gb has served my purposes just fine
  7. #7  

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Camera. I have a little one on the way and I've struggled getting good shots with my current HTC One M7.

    Sent from my HTC One M7
  8. #8  

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Quote Originally Posted by japetty View Post
    Good Luck with the finger print thing. I would imagine that is just another one of Samsung's gimmick applications they come up with as the gimmicks they put on the past Samsung devices I have owned. I do hope it works as designed instead of something that just makes it difficult to use the phone if you want use that feature. To me I wish they would have paid more attention to the internal memory instead of the gimmicks. Put 32 gb internal memory not a useless 16 gb. I know for some 16 gb is just fine but for many it is not yet they put out the 16 gb and not the 32 gb at the same time so we can make choices.
    - Using the Samsung Galaxy S6 BAM! -
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    I decided to pick one up on Friday. The M8 is overrated and I want a camera that can best the Nexus 5 (which isn't that hard to do).

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  
    thegrants82's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    959 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Who is everyone? I have read nothing good about the S5 scanner, I will just use a pattern when I get mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzibit3 View Post
    Everyone that has tried the fingerprint scanner said it work perfectly.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Who is everyone? I have read nothing good about the S5 scanner, I will just use a pattern when I get mine.
    Should've said people that have done reviews of the S5.
  12. #12  
    thegrants82's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    959 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Point me to some good reviews about the scanner because I have yet to read one good review about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzibit3 View Post
    Should've said people that have done reviews of the S5.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Point me to some good reviews about the scanner because I have yet to read one good review about it.
    Google is your friend. But most people that have spent time with it says it works fine albeit not as well as Apple's. I do wish there was no need for swiping but not a huge deal for me.
  14. #14  
    thegrants82's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    959 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    It's just odd when you speak for everyone and most people.....but whatever you say, no need to high jack this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by katmandoo122 View Post
    Google is your friend. But most people that have spent time with it says it works fine albeit not as well as Apple's. I do wish there was no need for swiping but not a huge deal for me.
  15. #15  
    ibcop's Avatar

    Posts
    2,738 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,361 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    It's just odd when you speak for everyone and most people.....but whatever you say, no need to high jack this thread.
    How did he/she hijack the thread?
    "In God we trust....all others we investigate".

    "Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol".
  16. #16  
    thegrants82's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    959 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Didn't say that it was, I said no need to do it. (That means lets quit before it gets high jacked)........
    Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    How did he/she hijack the thread?
  17. #17  

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    There's plenty of videos highlighting the finger scanner on YouTube. Android Authority has one that goes through the set up process. Looks like it works just fine.

    Posted via Android Central App
  18. #18  

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    YEA. The camera. So tired of being let down or having to think about iphone. (it does have a good camera!). I've been waiting for an Android phone, Verizon, LTE... that I could really take on vacation and take the majority of shots with. Here's hoping!!!
  19. #19  

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Quote Originally Posted by Xzibit3 View Post
    Everyone that has tried the fingerprint scanner said it work perfectly.
    Perfectly eh? Nice to know.......

    Not trying to be rude by the way. I just think its a little bit disingenuous to make silly misleading statements like the one you made. It clearly does not work perfectly and to say everyone who has tried it says it does is just lying.

    Sent from my moto g if you care.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Everything. Literally, everything....
    I'm coming from a....wait for it...Droid Bionic. Bought it opening day in Sept 2011. I'm sure most of you can understand my high level of anticipation....
    Thanked by 2:
    katmandoo122 likes this.
  21. #21  
    atg284's Avatar

    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0wtime04 View Post
    Everything. Literally, everything....
    I'm coming from a....wait for it...Droid Bionic. Bought it opening day in Sept 2011. I'm sure most of you can understand my high level of anticipation....
    I feel ya! I'm coming from the EVO 3D..... Launch day as well
  22. #22  

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0wtime04 View Post
    Everything. Literally, everything....
    I'm coming from a....wait for it...Droid Bionic. Bought it opening day in Sept 2011. I'm sure most of you can understand my high level of anticipation....
    Yeah that's quite the upgrade. The screen, the camera, the speed, the battery...you're definitely going to see a huge difference coming from the Bionic.

    Posted via Android Central App
  23. #23  
    lui22's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Quote Originally Posted by phone-a-holic View Post

    I can't wait to try the finger print scanner and Testing the new security features.
    Im sorry but as a BlackBerry guy i have to respond to this and as an internet person i have to use memes
    5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...-mockit_29032014113642.jpg
    and
    5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...-image.png


    In all seriousness though i wouldn't mind a SGS5 the hardware looks pretty darn good and I'm definitely looking forward to the camera!
    BBM me at 2B9797D9 OR 2B8C37A2
  24. #24  
    20blks's Avatar

    Posts
    877 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Quote Originally Posted by lui22 View Post
    Im sorry but as a BlackBerry guy i have to respond to this and as an internet person i have to use memes
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MockIt_29032014113642.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	111198
    and
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	166 
Size:	286.7 KB 
ID:	111199


    In all seriousness though i wouldn't mind a SGS5 the hardware looks pretty darn good and I'm definitely looking forward to the camera!
    The government is not concerned with you or your fingerprint. Smh

    Posted via Android Central App
    jayochs and Premium1 like this.
  25. #25  
    lui22's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts

    Default Re: 5 days to go until release of the Galaxy S5...

    Quote Originally Posted by 20blks View Post
    The government is not concerned with you or your fingerprint. Smh

    Posted via Android Central App
    oh right because they already have it.... HAHA i just realized sentence is misspelled.
    BBM me at 2B9797D9 OR 2B8C37A2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to update to Kit Kat a spare Mini?
    By TWC42 in forum HTC One Mini
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2014, 04:32 PM
  2. HTC One: Why does my text keep changing to small?
    By Hydraulic Jack in forum HTC One M7
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 06:39 PM
  3. How to update my AT&T note 3 to kitkat ?
    By sang vu hoang in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 09:51 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 10:34 PM
  5. As Any way to increase number of icons
    By stringbeanie in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 09:55 AM

Posting Permissions