Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Galaxy S5: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Is anyone getting the phone at Costco? And do you guys know when they will get the device?

    Lastly, if you guys aren't getting it at Costco, i recommend you do.
    -Sales tax on wholesale price, not the full price of device.
    -3 month exchange period, no questions asked.
    -extra stuff like a screen protector, case, car charger + AC charger, etc.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Not sure, but I think the phone CAN NOT be bought outright at full price. A service plan has to be purchased also. This prevents one from staying with their current phone plan (ie, 450 minutes, all data) and just swapping out the old phone for the new. On the other hand, if changing plans is ok, Costco's price can't be beat. Just my $.02 worth
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    I have purchased phones from Costco before. If you plan on doing Next you won't be able to, you can only do standard 2-year upgrades at the booths in the store. Also if you check the Costco website they are showing the S5 is shipping the week after release. I wouldn't bank on the phone being available on release day at Costco..

    Edited to add: If you are on T-Mobile you can do the EIP at Costco. The great thing is you don't have to pay any tax. I walked out with a Note 3 for $0, no tax no anything at the time of sale and an EIP on T-Mo.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    I'm with AT&T and I have available upgrades. So I'll be using them to get the phone.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    I preordered my phone through Costco on Tuesday. I have not heard anything yet about shipping.

    Meanwhile, my HTC Rezound is making 2 calls at once, if it decides to put a call through at all. Called my mother and my wife at the same time earlier, when I only meant to call my wife. So ready to be DONE with this phone.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Quote Originally Posted by MsKate View Post
    I preordered my phone through Costco on Tuesday. I have not heard anything yet about shipping.

    Meanwhile, my HTC Rezound is making 2 calls at once, if it decides to put a call through at all. Called my mother and my wife at the same time earlier, when I only meant to call my wife. So ready to be DONE with this phone.
    It looks like Costco is processing S5 orders around 4/14 - 4/18 depending on your carrier.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zabigayle View Post
    It looks like Costco is processing S5 orders around 4/14 - 4/18 depending on your carrier.
    Yeah, I just got an email from Costco regarding processing date. Wondering if I should bother going to the store tomorrow or go straight to VZW.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    I am a certified Costco fanboy, yet I NEVER buy smartphones at Costco.

    (1) the prices is not always cheaper... even when it is, the Best Buy down the road ALWAYS matches it Also, if you registered on Best Buy website, you get $50 gift card that can be applied to the same purchase. For example, if Best Buy matches Costco's $99 pricing, you only have to pay $49. ($99 - $50)

    (2) 90-day exchange/return is nice, but I rarely buy phones unless I'm sure I want it. Usually playing with the phone for as long as I wan in a Verizon corporate store first. If something goes wrong, Verizon will swap it out free of charge. in the S5's case, during the first 90 days, it's mostly like a new phone, not a CLNR

    (3) the "free" accessories that Costco give you are always no-name, non-OEM, semi-crappy. (like the ones you buy from Chinese sellers on eBay)

    For everything else, buy at Costco. I have not bought groceries anywhere except Costco for the last 9 years. I did start by saying that I'm certified Costco fanboy, right?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    I plan on getting mine from Costco tomorrow. Sales person I've spoken says she should have them tomorrow. I am calling her at 9am tomorrow to make sure before I head to the store.

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Quote Originally Posted by captfbgnet View Post
    Not sure, but I think the phone CAN NOT be bought outright at full price. A service plan has to be purchased also. This prevents one from staying with their current phone plan (ie, 450 minutes, all data) and just swapping out the old phone for the new. On the other hand, if changing plans is ok, Costco's price can't be beat. Just my $.02 worth
    Correct. It think only for new lines and renewals I thought. Did not know about having to change the plan.

    Sent from my Moto X!
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Ok, so this is interesting. I just checked my Costco order, and it's gone down from $189 to $99 without notice to me. The price on the website is still $189, but my order shows $99 now.
    Galaxy S5: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?-costcoorder.png
    Still wondering if I want to wait a few more days or just cancel this one and go into the store. I could also take a printout of my order in to Costco (or maybe Best Buy?) and see if they'll price match.
  12. #12  
    ibcop's Avatar

    Posts
    2,622 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,245 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Quote Originally Posted by MsKate View Post
    Ok, so this is interesting. I just checked my Costco order, and it's gone down from $189 to $99 without notice to me. The price on the website is still $189, but my order shows $99 now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CostcoOrder.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	111833
    Still wondering if I want to wait a few more days or just cancel this one and go into the store. I could also take a printout of my order in to Costco (or maybe Best Buy?) and see if they'll price match.
    That's an awesome price!!
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Quote Originally Posted by MsKate View Post
    Ok, so this is interesting. I just checked my Costco order, and it's gone down from $189 to $99 without notice to me. The price on the website is still $189, but my order shows $99 now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CostcoOrder.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	111833
    Still wondering if I want to wait a few more days or just cancel this one and go into the store. I could also take a printout of my order in to Costco (or maybe Best Buy?) and see if they'll price match.
    Nice! I used Costco to renew my contract for a blackberry bold 9700 once and it never used my upgrade. I tried to tell them about it and he just winked and said Merry Christmas...used the upgrade a few months later to get the iPhone 4 but with antenna gate, I return it for a Captivate, my first android!
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
    MsKate likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Nice! I used Costco to renew my contract for a blackberry bold 9700 once and it never used my upgrade. I tried to tell them about it and he just winked and said Merry Christmas...used the upgrade a few months later to get the iPhone 4 but with antenna gate, I return it for a Captivate, my first android!
    So now the question is, do I wait until next week? I've waited this long, what's a couple days? Or should I go to Costco and see if they will match their own price?
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    No Costco around me, just Sams Club, but they are basically the same. Does Costo do a warranty program like Sams does? Squaretrade or whatever it's called.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    I am a certified Costco fanboy, yet I NEVER buy smartphones at Costco.

    (1) the prices is not always cheaper... even when it is, the Best Buy down the road ALWAYS matches it Also, if you registered on Best Buy website, you get $50 gift card that can be applied to the same purchase. For example, if Best Buy matches Costco's $99 pricing, you only have to pay $49. ($99 - $50)

    (2) 90-day exchange/return is nice, but I rarely buy phones unless I'm sure I want it. Usually playing with the phone for as long as I wan in a Verizon corporate store first. If something goes wrong, Verizon will swap it out free of charge. in the S5's case, during the first 90 days, it's mostly like a new phone, not a CLNR

    (3) the "free" accessories that Costco give you are always no-name, non-OEM, semi-crappy. (like the ones you buy from Chinese sellers on eBay)

    For everything else, buy at Costco. I have not bought groceries anywhere except Costco for the last 9 years. I did start by saying that I'm certified Costco fanboy, right?
    These are subjective reasons.
    1. At Costco, you are taxed at the wholesale price, not the full price of the phone. Also, they waive the upgrade fee, which I don’t think Best Buy does.

    2. 90 Exchange and return are still better than 30 days. If anything is wrong with the device or a if you want to exchange it for another device, you get 3 months total. On top of that, you still get the ATT and Verizon warranties, so you can go into those stores to swap them out also. Also, Costco has NO RESTOCKING FEES.

    3. This isn’t a reason not to go to Costco really. You’re complaining about items that are free. I don’t need a $50 car charger, and the car charger they give doubles as a AC adapter. Also, the accessories are not no names, they’re from Mobi.
    4. Costco has a Squaretrade warranty deal, $100 with $25 deductibles. This is about half the price of a normal square trade warranty. BB doesn’t have as good of a deal does it?

    Again, I think your reasons are subjective. So far Costco will save me $30 from taxes and $36 from waiving the upgrade fee, that's cash in my pocket and not a gift card, plus I get a bunch of free stuff.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eion View Post
    No Costco around me, just Sams Club, but they are basically the same. Does Costo do a warranty program like Sams does? Squaretrade or whatever it's called.
    Yes they do. I also called Costco, and a bunch of SGS5s came in store tonight.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    These are subjective reasons.
    1. At Costco, you are taxed at the wholesale price, not the full price of the phone. Also, they waive the upgrade fee, which I don’t think Best Buy does.

    2. 90 Exchange and return are still better than 30 days. If anything is wrong with the device or a if you want to exchange it for another device, you get 3 months total. On top of that, you still get the ATT and Verizon warranties, so you can go into those stores to swap them out also. Also, Costco has NO RESTOCKING FEES.

    3. This isn’t a reason not to go to Costco really. You’re complaining about items that are free. I don’t need a $50 car charger, and the car charger they give doubles as a AC adapter. Also, the accessories are not no names, they’re from Mobi.
    4. Costco has a Squaretrade warranty deal, $100 with $25 deductibles. This is about half the price of a normal square trade warranty. BB doesn’t have as good of a deal does it?

    Again, I think your reasons are subjective. So far Costco will save me $30 from taxes and $36 from waiving the upgrade fee, that's cash in my pocket and not a gift card, plus I get a bunch of free stuff.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes they do. I also called Costco, and a bunch of SGS5s came in store tonight.
    I'm not subjective right now.. having just opened a gallon-size jar of pickles that I bought at Costco last night.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    I'm not subjective right now.. having just opened a gallon-size jar of pickles that I bought at Costco last night.
    Not sure if you understand the word subjective. It means that your reasons are reasons that pertain to you but maybe not others.

    If Best Buy had $100 off, a better warranty plan and exchange period rate, then there's no argument there. Not subjective. Enjoy your pickles.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Hi. i was really considering getting the phone through costco for all the reasons you just mentioned. But i had one concern. When i spoke to the costco sales associate over the phone they told me they do not waive the 30 dollar verizon upgrade fee. Is this true?
    Thanks for the help :-)
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Quote Originally Posted by gdtflp200 View Post
    Hi. i was really considering getting the phone through costco for all the reasons you just mentioned. But i had one concern. When i spoke to the costco sales associate over the phone they told me they do not waive the 30 dollar verizon upgrade fee. Is this true?
    Thanks for the help :-)
    I'm with att and they waived it last time. I was credited 36 on my bill later.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Costco is now showing, as previously mentioned, the Verizon S5 for $99. Online only it says. Hopefully I can get it in store at that price. We'll see in a couple of hours.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrich21 View Post
    Costco is now showing, as previously mentioned, the Verizon S5 for $99. Online only it says. Hopefully I can get it in store at that price. We'll see in a couple of hours.
    Yeah, I got an email updating the price. Let us know if you were able to price match in store!
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Quote Originally Posted by MsKate View Post
    Yeah, I got an email updating the price. Let us know if you were able to price match in store!
    Sorry it took so long, yes, it was $99 in store. $113 with tax.
    Thanked by:
    MsKate 
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrich21 View Post
    Sorry it took so long, yes, it was $99 in store. $113 with tax.
    Same here! Ended up getting 2!
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

    Quote Originally Posted by MsKate View Post
    Yeah, I got an email updating the price. Let us know if you were able to price match in store!
    can't imagine why not... the local Best Buy store is matching the Costco price.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RCA Tablet stuck at logo boot screen
    By Robert Goodell in forum Other Tablets
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: Yesterday, 12:42 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 11:06 PM
  3. App Developer on the Board!
    By Mofables in forum Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 05:23 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 08:02 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 10:12 PM

Posting Permissions