Question About AT&T Preorder And Shipping

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
After preordering my S5 I received tje email saying the device will ship on April 8 or 9 (this Tuesday or Wednesda). The phone will be shipped via FedEx... but how? Express 2 day? If the phone ships on April 8...will I get it by Friday? Does FedEx deliver on Saturdays? I have never preordered a phone before so I'm not af all familiar with how it is done. Any answers world be appreciated!

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Whether you have 2-day or overnight depends on what you paid for. 2-day was free, overnight cost extra. When it ships you'll get a tracking number and be able to follow its progress. Whether you get Saturday delivery depends on whether its shipping to a residence or a business address. I have ordered preorders before and they have occasionally, but not always, shipped overnight even if you designated 2-day. They have also designated a delivery day, do not delivery before April 11, since that is release day. But all these are questions you will not be able to answer until it happens.

navyguy00

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure if thats correct...when it comes to android phones from ATT i usually get them 2 to 1 day early every time...i didn with the GS4, the HTC ONE M8..... but i guess we will see soon.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if thats correct...when it comes to android phones from ATT i usually get them 2 to 1 day early every time...i didn with the GS4, the HTC ONE M8..... but i guess we will see soon.

Oh, I wasn't saying that they had done that this time, only that they had in the past. I think it was my s3 I preordered and it arrived at the Fedex office a few blocks form my office a day early. I called and ask if I could come get it and they said NO, it had a deliver on release day hold on it.

coolhandbane

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
It might depend where you are having it shipped. If you are having it shipped to a local ATT authorized retailer or local corporate ATT store, you might be able to get it early. It depends on the people working at those stores. If you having shipped to your home, there is a chance they were told by ATT not to deliver it until Friday.

Does anyone know if there a delay shipping the black Samsung Galaxy S5s with ATT? My brothers white S5 has shipped but my black S5 has not? We both pre ordered the phones.

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
It might depend where you are having it shipped. If you are having it shipped to a local ATT authorized retailer or local corporate ATT store, you might be able to get it early. It depends on the people working at those stores. If you having shipped to your home, there is a chance they were told by ATT not to deliver it until Friday.

Does anyone know if there a delay shipping the black Samsung Galaxy S5s with ATT? My brothers white S5 has shipped but my black S5 has not? We both pre ordered the phones.

I asked this of my local ATT store over the weekend. They said as soon as they get the S5 I can have mine. I had it shipped to the ATT store

Posted via Android Central App

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Ordered mine today and I just got the email and text that it shipped and tracking numbers says it will show up on the 9th.

Posted via Android Central App

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Just checked the UPS site and its at DFW. IT shows delivery by end of day on the 10th. I will be picking it up on the 10th from the ATT Store. I spoke to ATT over the weekend and they told me I could pick it up as soon as it arrives in their store.

e2ackbar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing with my wife's white s5 and my black one. That said, it hasn't left the warehouse, which matches the April 8 date I expected. Both are going by 2nd day air (UPS).

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app