Galaxy S5 Verizon Pre-Order Thread

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Figured I would start a thread about Verizon pre-orders and shipping information. I placed my pre-order today and it says it will ship today, I highly doubt that! At checkout it said it would ship within 2 days of 4/11, whatever that means.

Anyways, post up when you ordered and any updated shipping info you have! :)

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pre-Order Thread

Usually Verizon preorders arrive on or a day before the release date. I received the HTC Thunderbolt and Droid RAZR from Verizon a day before it released in stores. :)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

I pre-ordered online tonight and was told by a rep that it would ship out on the 11th and arrive by the 13th. I know the 13th is a Sunday, just passing along what I was told.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I pre-ordered online tonight and was told by a rep that it would ship out on the 11th and arrive by the 13th. I know the 13th is a Sunday, just passing along what I was told.

I'd bet against that considering it would definitely not be delivered on a Sunday. :)

Enjoy the S5 when it arrives though!

pyro530

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I pre-ordered mine on Friday. When i check my order status, nothing is showing up. The "Tracking number" looks like and IP address a there is no information anywhere. The email says that it will ship 2-days from ship date since its pre-order but nothing is reflecting that on the website. Is anyone else seeing this?

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I pre-ordered mine on Friday. When i check my order status, nothing is showing up. The "Tracking number" looks like and IP address a there is no information anywhere. The email says that it will ship 2-days from ship date since its pre-order but nothing is reflecting that on the website. Is anyone else seeing this?

haha same here. the pre order page does nothing but shows shipped since the minute I did the order and shows an ip.

op, where did it say yours will ship today??

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

haha same here. the pre order page does nothing but shows shipped since the minute I did the order and shows an ip.

Same here. I pre-ordered 4/4 and am hoping it will arrive on or before 4/11. I only did it online because the rep said the BOGO pre-order was not valid in the store, or I would have just gone into Verizon Friday morning to do it and pick them up then. I'm going away this weekend too, so it would be nice for my wife and I to be able to take our nice new phones with us. I'm upgrading from a Galaxy Nexus, she from a Droid 4. It's time.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Verizon will ship the Galaxy S5 on Friday April 11th as advertised when you put in the order. The only confusion here are people wishing and making up rumors:) You want it on Friday then walk into a Verizon and pick one up. This isn't the iPhone 6....they wont run out:))
Same here. I pre-ordered 4/4 and am hoping it will arrive on or before 4/11. I only did it online because the rep said the BOGO pre-order was not valid in the store, or I would have just gone into Verizon Friday morning to do it and pick them up then. I'm going away this weekend too, so it would be nice for my wife and I to be able to take our nice new phones with us. I'm upgrading from a Galaxy Nexus, she from a Droid 4. It's time.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

I'd bet against that considering it would definitely not be delivered on a Sunday. :)

Enjoy the S5 when it arrives though!

Yeah, I'm hoping that means the guy just didn't know what he was talking about and maybe, just maybe, it'll come early (well, on time). Not holding my breath though.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Verizon will ship the Galaxy S5 on Friday April 11th as advertised when you put in the order. The only confusion here are people wishing and making up rumors:) You want it on Friday then walk into a Verizon and pick one up. This isn't the iPhone 6....they wont run out:))

I ordered on Sunday (6th) over the phone, and she said they would ship on the 11th. However, in the past, I have known them to ship them out so that you get them on the 11th, so it is possible that they will start shipping them out on Thursday, so you get it sometime on Friday. I am not in a big hurry though, so whether I get it on Friday, or Saturday or Monday will not make a difference for me.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

I ordered on Sunday (6th) over the phone, and she said they would ship on the 11th. However, in the past, I have known them to ship them out so that you get them on the 11th, so it is possible that they will start shipping them out on Thursday, so you get it sometime on Friday. I am not in a big hurry though, so whether I get it on Friday, or Saturday or Monday will not make a difference for me.

I'm with you, not in a huge hurry either. My main concern is that I'm in grad school about an hour from where my parents live and where the phone will be shipped (my dad got in on the BOGO deal with me). I'll be coming through town Friday night and it would be really convenient if I could just swing by and pick it up rather than having to make a special trip.

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

I will be at Verizon right when the doors open!

Posted via Android Central App

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Mine says the same thing. Tracking number is my IP. But it still says it shipped on the 7th....tracking.JPG

layla616

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

I ordered mine in store on the 6th. The rep said we should expect for them to ship within two days of the 11th. Wouldn't mind the wait, but just my luck- my IP4 just went to Heaven. (Scratch that, probably Hell.)

Checking my order status just for kicks a few minutes ago…says there is no record of my pre-order! :mad: Husband called the store to see what the deal was and customer support said they had no record of us having an account with them, couldn't find the pre-order number from our reciept and couldn't find any information on us in their system by social security numbers. (We just signed on to Verizon for the BOGO pre-order deal)

Something tells me I made the wrong choice going to Verizon… Going to be a fun day working this out!

danielsjt

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

When I placed my order, it said ships by 11th -- normal, everyone has seen that. But when I clicked on the shipping option hyperlink (a link that said free two-day shipping when I was confirming), it said it would ship on the 9th -- which would get it to me on the 11th. I'm 99% sure that we'll have these in-hand on the 10th or 11th.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

These are the rumors that I was talking about earlier:)
When I placed my order, it said ships by 11th -- normal, everyone has seen that. But when I clicked on the shipping option hyperlink (a link that said free two-day shipping when I was confirming), it said it would ship on the 9th -- which would get it to me on the 11th. I'm 99% sure that we'll have these in-hand on the 10th or 11th.

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

BOGO'd it last night, same +/- 2 days of the 11th. I get Amazon shipments on Sunday, so why not my phone.

doesn't matter though, as I shipped it to work so I can be there to get it. So hoping they time it for Friday, otherwise Monday I suspect.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I've never had a verizon preorder show up after it's available in the store. Otherwise, what's the point of the preorder? YMMV, but the S5 will start showing up on doorsteps Thursday. At least that's what I'm hoping for!

The main reason I preorder is I hate going into the stores.

layla616

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

Okay- just ran up to Verizon to work it out. Thankfully, customer support didn't know what they were talking about and we're straight. The tracked my order for me and said it's due to arrive at my house on Friday! Hurray!