Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By msavic6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    Overall a very positive review which covers all aspects of the device in detail. They praise the camera and its video quality and battery life os tested to be excellent. The Galaxy S5 is shaping up to be one very solid device and a great upgrade over the S4.



    Link to Review : Samsung Galaxy S5 review: Fab Five - GSMArena.com

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu 
    rdubmu likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    so what's up with that pink spot he's talking about on the camera? think it's a defect

    Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    Quote Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
    so what's up with that pink spot he's talking about on the camera? think it's a defect

    Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Yeah It isn't present in any other reviews so it must be a defect.

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
    Overall a very positive review which covers all aspects of the device in detail. They praise the camera and its video quality and battery life os tested to be excellent. The Galaxy S5 is shaping up to be one very solid device and a great upgrade over the S4.

    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/08/5e6a9e7u.jpg

    Link to Review : Samsung Galaxy S5 review: Fab Five - GSMArena.com

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Bravo Savić!

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    Thanks for posting this. I've been waiting for more reviews.
    iPhone 5S+Galaxy S5 user. Google Glass Explorer.

    Follow Me:

    App.Net: sleepnclass
    Twitter: sleepnclass

    Peace & Blessings.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    Haha this thread showed up in my Google alert for "galaxy s5." Which I guess I can unsubscribe from at this point...

    GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!-clipboard01.jpg
  7. #7  
    tlo07's Avatar

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    My resolve to wait for a 32 gb version is weakening...

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  8. #8  

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    Quote Originally Posted by tlo07 View Post
    My resolve to wait for a 32 gb version is weakening...

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Hang in there for the 32GB! It will be worth it!
    LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Dev Pre, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
  9. #9  

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Hang in there for the 32GB! It will be worth it!
    Agreed.

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  
    Zod1010's Avatar

    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    It looks to be a really good phone. However, it feels more like a S4.5 than an S5. I think I'm trading in my S4 for an M8.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zod1010 View Post
    It looks to be a really good phone. However, it feels more like a S4.5 than an S5. I think I'm trading in my S4 for an M8.
    really.
    its the same with the m8, but its more like the htc M7.25 . since they still have the crappy camera
  12. #12  

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    ....and a screen only slightly larger than the M7 when you consider the on screen buttons.
    The M8 is also comparable in size to the Note 3.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    really.
    its the same with the m8, but its more like the htc M7.25 . since they still have the crappy camera
  13. #13  
    count123's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Hang in there for the 32GB! It will be worth it!
    What am i missing about storage? Why is onboard storage so "worth it" when you can just expand with micro sd? Not trying to be funny here, i really want to know the difference. Coming from an iphone i was relieved that i could just get a 16gb and add storage for a lot cheaper than having to buy a 64gb iphone. So what am i missing?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    Quote Originally Posted by count123 View Post
    What am i missing about storage? Why is onboard storage so "worth it" when you can just expand with micro sd? Not trying to be funny here, i really want to know the difference. Coming from an iphone i was relieved that i could just get a 16gb and add storage for a lot cheaper than having to buy a 64gb iphone. So what am i missing?
    You cant store apps on the SD card, the majority of the app data remains on internal memory.

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
  15. #15  
    count123's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
    You cant store apps on the SD card, the majority of the app data remains on internal memory.

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Oooooohhh! Gotcha.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. #16  

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    Quote Originally Posted by count123 View Post
    What am i missing about storage? Why is onboard storage so "worth it" when you can just expand with micro sd? Not trying to be funny here, i really want to know the difference. Coming from an iphone i was relieved that i could just get a 16gb and add storage for a lot cheaper than having to buy a 64gb iphone. So what am i missing?
    Good question. Touchwiz has A LOT of features and takes a lot of storage space. So on a 16GB internal storage device which is formatted to less space and then the OS take a great deal so you are left with 9 to 10 GB or storage on your device. I like to have all of my apps installed on internal storage. They run faster and some cannot be moved to the SD card. I use the SD card for Music, photos and video which with this camera will takes up a lot of space. I had the Galaxy S4 google edition with 16 GB and an SD card and then with the android 4.3 update it removed the ability for 3rd party apps ( such as a camera app) to write to the SD card. Major pain. I have since gone internal storage of 32GB. I currently have a moto x and nexus 5 32GB models and they have no sd cards. I also had an 32GB S4 and it was great to have 25 or so GB all for apps and games.

    It is a matter of personal preference, but my minimum is 32GB or onboard storage regardless of sd card.

    attached a screen shot of my S4 when I first got it! I loved all that storage lol!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!-screenshot_2013-05-13-19-28-05.jpg  
    LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Dev Pre, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
  17. #17  

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    I don't don't have a extra SD card but when I go to app manager the option to move to SD card is there though?

    Posted via Android Central App
  18. #18  

    Default Re: GSMARENA has posted their detailed Galaxy S5 Review!

    Quote Originally Posted by xmostwanted559x View Post
    I don't don't have a extra SD card but when I go to app manager the option to move to SD card is there though?

    Posted via Android Central App
    From what I understand, it depends on if an App developer has enabled this function within their code. Not all apps allow it, but the ones that do, the move to SD card option will be highlighted, allowing you to move the App to the SD card.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-03-2014, 05:49 PM
  2. Trying to decide between the Galaxy S5 and HTC One (M8)
    By ResidentEvil1988 in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-10-2014, 01:00 AM
  3. Will there be a Google Play edition of the Galaxy S5?
    By nekibo in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 04:47 PM
  4. galaxy S4 has removed the comma from the keyboard...
    By syman666 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 10:01 PM

Posting Permissions