Galaxy S5 4K Underwater Video

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I still don't know if i'm going to be able to bring myself to actually submerge my phone.

I completely agree, it just seems natural instinct to prevent any contact with water when I'm using an electronic device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree, it just seems natural instinct to prevent any contact with water when I'm using an electronic device.

Yeah same here I know what u mean, but I like the reassurance that of it happens to get wet I'll he safe

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 via Tapatalk

DrPreeth

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I highly doubt I will be intentionally testing out the waterproof feature.

i had a Motorola Defy back when i was in India; i used to submerge that thing all the time because it was built for it. I would whip it out at restaurants and put it in a glass of water and make people call it :D.

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
We need someone to take their S5 scuba diving on a shallow section of a barrier reef on a bright sunny day. I bet the video would be amazing.

gibsonplayr21

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
We need someone to take their S5 scuba diving on a shallow section of a barrier reef on a bright sunny day. I bet the video would be amazing.

I wouldn't take the phone past the one meter it is rated for. Hydrostatic pressure is a pretty powerful force. Also, salt water leaves behind salt when it evaporates, and salt can mess with electronics if it is bridging any contacts.

But yes, the videos would be absolutely stunning!

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't take the phone past the one meter it is rated for. Hydrostatic pressure is a pretty powerful force. Also, salt water leaves behind salt when it evaporates, and salt can mess with electronics if it is bridging any contacts.

But yes, the videos would be absolutely stunning!

You can always rinse the phone in freshwater after exposure to salt water. That way you prevent any salt from being left behind.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown