AT&T Galaxy S5 just delivered!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's one of my favorite things about the S3.

Ya know funny thing is just this past week I was looking at my S3 here on my desk at work and saw the blue light going off and found myself weirdly admiring it blinking. I'm not sure if its the deep purple/blue tint of the light (LED) or how well hidden (blends in background) when its off that had me intrigued. So yeah, I feel the same as you.

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Just took delivery of mine...still setting it up...so far very happy
ohh...Kaepernick and one of my hawks are in some "trouble"...

on a serious note..enjoy the phone. I tried to go to a best buy here in my area but the S5 was nowhere to be found to try out

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
That is truly disappointing, hopefully thats operator error because the M8 that I just sold could do way better....

Tell me about it....But I havent been able to snap a pic outside in a cloudy day or even fully sunny because the M8 can't seem to handle it in auto mode. Sky gets washed out..im guessing maybe because of the bigger pixels they use...hopefully it's a software thing and they can fix it.

Last edited:

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
ohh...Kaepernick and one of my hawks are in some "trouble"...

on a serious note..enjoy the phone. I tried to go to a best buy here in my area but the S5 was nowhere to be found to try out

I know. Time to change the graphic...dont mean to hijack the thread. If you go to BB website they have a list of stores that have the S5. Also AT&T has them on display

turbomach5

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Still patiently waiting on mine. Ordered on the 8th. Luckily I live in Texas. Just being delivered by USPS and right now it's in Houston. Should be here tomorrow!

lucas.scott

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
There's an option for picture stabilization that can help with that. Don't worry, people; the S5 isn't going to be an awful performer indoors or in low light. It's just not the best. Not exactly that huge of a deal considering how awesome it is everywhere else.

Posted via Android Central App

Man ... i haven't seen your name pop up in a forum in years :D

Thanks for the optimistic point of view. Picking my S5 up tomorrow and am definitely hoping indoor low light shots are decent.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
OK, not sure if this has been posted here yet, but I saw that some people were having issues using the fingerprint scanner with one hand. After seeing a video of it for the first time, I noticed that the tutorial shows you using your index finger for setting it up. You can still use your thumb though, so that shouldn't be an issue :p

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

puremeerkat

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm you can pair the scanner up to your thumb sideways. So you can use it one handed but the accuracy isn't as good as with the index finger using two hands

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I can confirm you can pair the scanner up to your thumb sideways. So you can use it one handed but the accuracy isn't as good as with the index finger using two hands

Yeah that's how I have mine set up. Really liking this phone the 2 hours I have had it ha ha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Can someone verify if pics and videos are automatically saved on the SD card (if you have it set up that way and have an SD card inserted)? It seems to me I read somewhere that you have to transfer them over from the internal memory now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Can someone verify if pics and videos are automatically saved on the SD card (if you have it set up that way and have an SD card inserted)? It seems to me I read somewhere that you have to transfer them over from the internal memory now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes they do

Christina Evans1

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Thats how I set mine up. It seems to be working fine for me now. I am really liking this phone compared to my iPhone 5. Definitely taking some getting used to though

Last edited:

jrgavette

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Thats how I set mine up. It seems to be working fine for me now. *edt* I actually find it works better if I swipe UP with my thumb rather than down. Registered my thumb print swiping down, but it registers it both ways. I am really liking this phone compared to my iPhone 5. Definitely taking some getting used to though

I'm having a hard time getting use to the size (insert tacky joke). I'm sure I will get use to it. Loving the phone!

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Amazon shows my Galaxy S5 as "Not Yet Shipped" with an expected delivery date of Apr 15, 2014, by 8:00 PM. I have Prime so sometimes receive goods one day early if they use UPS. If they use Smartpost, its 2 day delivery.