Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Raptor007
  • 1 Post By madkoda12
  • 1 Post By planoman
  • 1 Post By fofjjsr
  • 1 Post By rdubmu
  • 1 Post By planoman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: What carriers will offer a 32gb model?

Only ATT and Verizon (3 months later) offered them to customers.

With apps growing and kitkat making apps2sd more problematic, seems they would all offer them to customers as a choice. Key word being choice.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-13-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Default Re: What carriers will offer a 32gb model?

T-Mobile is. You have to order it via the phone or website though. Not carried in stores.

So it seems that Sprint will be the carrier not offering the 32gb model. They'll be losing me if I decide to get an S5.

Global Posts
    5,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

At this time only T-Mobile has even said they will offer it. AT&T and Verizon will likely offer it at some point later on. Last year AT&T launched the GS4 32GB within a couple of weeks, Verizon did the same after about 6+ weeks so its up to the carriers. I personally will not buy this phone until the 32GB version is available.
    planoman, 20blks and japetty like this.

Does anyone know if Sprint offered the 32gb S4 last year?? If they did, I don't see why they wouldn't offer it this year with the S5.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    At this time only T-Mobile has even said they will offer it. AT&T and Verizon will likely offer it at some point later on. Last year AT&T launched the GS4 32GB within a couple of weeks, Verizon did the same after about 6+ weeks so its up to the carriers. I personally will not buy this phone until the 32GB version is available.
    Have they officially said they will have it available? I know there was leaked documents saying it would be online only, I pre-ordered the 16gb version and have it now but if the 32gb will def be coming I will return this bad boy ASAP and wait for the 32gb.

*EDIT*
    Woops! I was meaning T-mobile.
    Last edited by madkoda12; 04-10-2014 at 09:22 PM.
    cameronmangast likes this.

No, Sprint never offered a 32gb S4.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    5,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by madkoda12 View Post
    Have they officially said they will have it available? I know there was leaked documents saying it would be online only, I pre-ordered the 16gb version and have it now but if the 32gb will def be coming I will return this bad boy ASAP and wait for the 32gb.

*EDIT*
    Woops! I was meaning T-mobile.
    T-Mobile is an online ordering thing only. Maybe you can go into the store and have them order it to ship to you or the store. But no in store sales. Verizon does the same thing since most people buy the 16GB version (saving $50 for less space) so you can order it to ship to you or go online. They also drag out the 3GB version by 1-2+ months depending on sales of the 16GB at Verizon.

I am hopeful that AT&T will offer it soon, like before EOM since that would be around 14 days since launch But I suspect it will be in early May so they initial surge of AT&T sales are outside their return window.

I believe att is online only. I ordered my 32GB S4 that way and do not believe they ever offered it in store. It was a few weeks after the launch! Like as soon as the return period for the 16GB models was over...
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    20blks likes this.

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts

Same with me last year. Smh
    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    I believe att is online only. I ordered my 32GB S4 that way and do not believe they ever offered it in store. It was a few weeks after the launch! Like as soon as the return period for the 16GB models was over...

Global Posts
    5,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I went into the store and checked out the GS5 and Note 3 and compared them. While I would like the GS5, I am going to get the GN3 and be happy with it, and in the next 12 months I will upgrade at that point to either the GN4 or I will see what the GS6 offers, perhaps Samsung will actually offer a 32GB as the base and skip this BS on 16GB phones.

The only thing putting me off from the S5 is the 16gig of memory. I want the 32gig version

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app
    Android4life

I don't get the big thing for the 32gb version. It was nice to have in my Note 3 combined with a 64gb SD card, but I never came close to using either. I mean the S5 supports 128GB card, how much memory do people honestly need in a phone? Oo
    Thanked by:
    Topgonzo likes this.

I have a 32 gig LG g2 and it has 12 gigs left of memory. Basically the 16 gig S5 would not cut it for me

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    Android4life

Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    I have a 32 gig LG g2 and it has 12 gigs left of memory. Basically the 16 gig S5 would not cut it for me

Oh I can totally see it with a phone that offers no option for expandable memory. I can see that argument. But the S5 does. I look at it this way. The 32gb version will probably cost $50 more. So you are paying $50 for 16gb more memory, when a 16gb SD card costs less than that. So you are technically overpaying for that 16gb. Just the way I look at it.

With KitKat 4.4.2 you can't put apps on the SD card. I have some apps I use for work that take up a lot of memory.

Thanked by:
    fofjjsr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fofjjsr View Post
    I don't get the big thing for the 32gb version. It was nice to have in my Note 3 combined with a 64gb SD card, but I never came close to using either. I mean the S5 supports 128GB card, how much memory do people honestly need in a phone? Oo
    I guess since owning 32GB phone for the last several, S4, Moto X, Nexus 5, I just do not want to go back to 16GB internal storage. I am pretty confident that att will release one in a few weeks so not in any hurry. Need to sell one of my three devices if I were going to get one anyway. I just feel there is no substitute for internal storage regardless of sd card support. I would only want pictures, music and video on the sd card. I keep all of my apps/ games for kids etc on the internal storage.
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8

Quote Originally Posted by fofjjsr View Post
    Oh I can totally see it with a phone that offers no option for expandable memory. I can see that argument. But the S5 does. I look at it this way. The 32gb version will probably cost $50 more. So you are paying $50 for 16gb more memory, when a 16gb SD card costs less than that. So you are technically overpaying for that 16gb. Just the way I look at it.
    I hear you, but they are two different things. Internal storage is faster and more stable than sd card. Not to mention past updates to android have borked sd card support. It did on my S4 google edition and effectively cut out third party apps from being about to read/write to the SD card. So I had a 64GB SD card but could not save pictures, videos etc directly to it with out a workaround. What a pain!
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu 
    rdubmu likes this.