Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223
Like Tree67Likes

Default Re: Galaxy S5: How's everyone's battery life so far?

As promised, the screen shots are here. I'm finally at 2%, surprised it made it this far

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darthstorm528 View Post
    As promised, the screen shots are here. I'm finally at 2%, surprised it made it this far http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/15/3a6u5ume.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/15/ve4yqu5y.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
    what's your on screen time?

Default Re: How's everyone's battery life so far?

Quote Originally Posted by bIOforger View Post
    Probably because he hasn't actually used the phone very much at all and spends more time turning things off the screen has only been on for 5hrs in 6 days, that's just over half of what I would do in one day. I could quite easily achieve that uptime without charging and you could also easily smash the uptime by using UPSM, but whats the point, use the phone as its intended, which means the screen should be on for a long time.
    I didn't use UPSM. Just posting up my battery life to compare with others. According to the internet, max screen on time is a little under 8 hours. So I consider my battery life is above average per say.

Quote Originally Posted by PainFX View Post
    what's your on screen time?
    I forgot to get that, I'm sure it's 3-4 hours like always

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's mine. Wifi only for 2.5 hours.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S5: How's everyone's battery life so far?-screenshot_2014-07-14-21-09-39.jpg   Galaxy S5: How's everyone's battery life so far?-screenshot_2014-07-14-21-09-48.jpg  

Almost 3.5 hours of screen on time and 50% battery left. At this rate it may be possible to get 6+ hours of screen on time if I ran it down to 0% or near it if I continued to use the phone the way I did today.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S5: How's everyone's battery life so far?-1405409217323.jpg  

I didn't use UPSM. Just posting up my battery life to compare with others. According to the internet, max screen on time is a little under 8 hours. So I consider my battery life is above average per say.
    I never said you did. In your last post you showed screen time of just over 5 hours, now its 8 hours? For the record i did 3 days uptime with heavy usage, over 6hrs of screentime PER DAY, using UPSM overnight. I wouldn't say your battery is any better than average to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by bIOforger View Post
    I never said you did. In your last post you showed screen time of just over 5 hours, now its 8 hours? For the record i did 3 days uptime with heavy usage, over 6hrs of screentime PER DAY, using UPSM overnight. I wouldn't say your battery is any better than average to be honest.
    I've never gotten 8 hours of screen time, that's only according to the people that test the phone on the internet as I mentioned.

You definitely got better battery life than I do if you are going 6 hours of screen time with heavy usage. I would like to see a screenshot if you don't mind.

Global Posts
    656 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sqa4life View Post
    I came from the note 3 as well. did you do anything to your s5? your battery looks good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Yea I agree. I have the S5 setup just like the N3 and it's nowhere near the life I get on the N3.

I've never gotten 8 hours of screen time, that's only according to the people that test the phone on the internet as I mentioned.

You definitely got better battery life than I do if you are going 6 hours of screen time with heavy usage. I would like to see a screenshot if you don't mind.
    Ok I exaggerated it is similar to yours at best, so about 5hrs

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    9,056 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

Yesterday.
    Galaxy S5: How's everyone's battery life so far?-1405510289704.jpgGalaxy S5: How's everyone's battery life so far?-1405510300537.jpg

Sent From Another Galaxy

I just posted this in another thread that I started but I figure it might be helpful here. I had an issue with my phone constantly being awake and something trying to use wifi even though wifi was off:

settings->wifi->advance->uncheck "Always allow scanning"

This particular setting wasn't the actual issue but rather some app was using that setting to keep my phone awake and constantly hunting for wifi even with wifi turned off. I was looking at about 10-12 hours when I had it checked and 24-30 hours without it checked.
    STARGATE and bgl321 like this.

I'm going roughly 2 days between charges.
    Power Saving Mode (Greyscale most of the time)
    Lama controlling Wifi and Data connections
    Screen brightness at 20% (1% after 9 when home)

Roughly 2hrs of calls per day w/ texts throughout the day
    ~1hr of internet browsing
    1hr Bluetooth streaming music/calls

From a low to moderate user, I'm pretty happy with battery life. I think it took me about a week to FULLY set up the phone to get to this stage.

And yes I know I'm not using the phone to its full potential daily, BUT I do full take advantage of many of it's features Friday thru Sunday, the rest of the week I simply don't need it, so why use it?
    STARGATE likes this.
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223