Galaxy S5: How's everyone's battery life so far?

Seth Mishne

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
does vzw s5 have all the major battery problems that the vzw s3 does. I am reluctant to get to get the s5 if it will have all of the major problems that the s3 has after software update.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
does vzw s5 have all the major battery problems that the vzw s3 does. I am reluctant to get to get the s5 if it will have all of the major problems that the s3 has after software update.

Absolutely not!

VZW here on the S5.

I have very good battery life.

Depending on how I use it on any given day, the battery percentages vary from 85% left down to 35% left.

In extreme cases where I am not using the phone, it will go several days between charges. But on this situation, I have DATA and WIFI, Sync, bluetooth all turned OFF. That prevents any apps from trying to connect to the internet.

If I leave DATA on all day, it typically shows 50%+ to maybe 70% battery left. Depends on how much I use the phone.

One big caveat... Uninstall all of the Amazon named apps that came with the VZW phone setup. Some of them can only be Disabled, but if you don't the battery life will suffer badly.

Needless to say, I have Disabled ALL of the VZW bloatware.

I have turned off the following on a Verizon phone:
Accessories, Amazon, Amazon App suite, Amazon Kindle, Amazon MP3, Appstore, Audible, BlurbCheckout, Bubbles, FamilyBase Companion, Flipboard, Message+, Messages, MyMagazine, NFL Mobile, Picasa Uploader, S Health, Smart Remote, Travel Wallpaper, Verizon Support & Protection (McAfee), VZ Navigator (pay for fee Navigation.... Google maps is free)

Google branded that I turned
OFF:

Contacts Sync, Play Games, Play Movies & TV, Play Music, Play Newstand, Hangouts, Isis Mobile Wallet

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: How's everyone's battery life so far?

Nope. I never use battery saving modes.

Posted via Android Central App

Then how is your phone idling that well? Unless you have absolutely no apps syncing in the background or are in airplane mode during the night, I don't see how your phone can get such tremendous idle time.

Share your ways!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site

Then how is your phone idling that well? Unless you have absolutely no apps syncing in the background or are in airplane mode during the night, I don't see how your phone can get such tremendous idle time.

Share your ways!

yep. i turned unwanted things off thats it, no secrets im not on airplane mode

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site

Normally my phone is off the charger at 7:30am and lasts til 10pm-1am. Today it was off at 9:30am and it's at 50% as of 12:45am, first night that I'm not even going to charge the phone. I'm sure it will be charging during the work day tomorrow. I'll post screenshot before I charge it up.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

Share your ways!

Probably because he hasn't actually used the phone very much at all and spends more time turning things off ;) the screen has only been on for 5hrs in 6 days, that's just over half of what I would do in one day. I could quite easily achieve that uptime without charging and you could also easily smash the uptime by using UPSM, but whats the point, use the phone as its intended, which means the screen should be on for a long time.

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
As promised, the screen shots are here. I'm finally at 2%, surprised it made it this far
3a6u5ume.jpg
ve4yqu5y.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site

Probably because he hasn't actually used the phone very much at all and spends more time turning things off ;) the screen has only been on for 5hrs in 6 days, that's just over half of what I would do in one day. I could quite easily achieve that uptime without charging and you could also easily smash the uptime by using UPSM, but whats the point, use the phone as its intended, which means the screen should be on for a long time.

I didn't use UPSM. Just posting up my battery life to compare with others. According to the internet, max screen on time is a little under 8 hours. So I consider my battery life is above average per say.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's mine. Wifi only for 2.5 hours.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-14-21-09-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-14-21-09-39.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2014-07-14-21-09-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-14-21-09-48.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 29

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Almost 3.5 hours of screen on time and 50% battery left. At this rate it may be possible to get 6+ hours of screen on time if I ran it down to 0% or near it if I continued to use the phone the way I did today.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1405409217323.jpg
    1405409217323.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 28

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

I didn't use UPSM. Just posting up my battery life to compare with others. According to the internet, max screen on time is a little under 8 hours. So I consider my battery life is above average per say.

I never said you did. In your last post you showed screen time of just over 5 hours, now its 8 hours? :) For the record i did 3 days uptime with heavy usage, over 6hrs of screentime PER DAY, using UPSM overnight. I wouldn't say your battery is any better than average to be honest.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site

I never said you did. In your last post you showed screen time of just over 5 hours, now its 8 hours? :) For the record i did 3 days uptime with heavy usage, over 6hrs of screentime PER DAY, using UPSM overnight. I wouldn't say your battery is any better than average to be honest.

I've never gotten 8 hours of screen time, that's only according to the people that test the phone on the internet as I mentioned.

You definitely got better battery life than I do if you are going 6 hours of screen time with heavy usage. I would like to see a screenshot if you don't mind.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

I've never gotten 8 hours of screen time, that's only according to the people that test the phone on the internet as I mentioned.

You definitely got better battery life than I do if you are going 6 hours of screen time with heavy usage. I would like to see a screenshot if you don't mind.
Ok I exaggerated it is similar to yours at best, so about 5hrs

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000