Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5 Issues.

Hey Guys,

I got my S5 about a week ago. Been using it, its good over all but I just encountered a problem with it.

When I am connected to the wifi, it works absolutley fine but the moment I connect to the internet using my Mobile Data package. It doens't work, As in that the Mobile Data signals are there.
    Whatsap works I can send text messages on whatsap but no media. Pictures won't download on whatsap. Browser says it can not find the server. Ask.fm , instagaram, faceboook these apps don't work at all.

i can't seem to figure out the problem ! :/ How does my whatsap transfers texts but not media !? Any idea what could be the problem ?

Default Re: Galaxy S5 Issues.

If you bought it in a week, I think you still have the warranty. Why don't you get a new one? as this might be a pingroblem likely to come up later. There's also a possibility that your device doesn't have any APN settings or network settings. Can you try contacting your carrier? let them send you the settings.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

Try toggling smart network switch under WiFi settings
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah I got it a week ago, It's still under warranty.

But I don't think it's as serious a issue that it will need replacement, It's probably got to do with some settings. I tried contacting the carrier and they said it was showing that the internet is connecting just fine from my mobile and I won't argue on that. The 4G sign is showing at the top with data upload/download arrows working too which means the internet is connecting just fine.

Plus I can even use my whatsap to send messages to my contacts, but I can not send or receive any pictures or any other form of data. When I log into my Ask.Fm account, it says " No Internet connection". When I start up my facebook, it loads all the texts but no pictures. When I am on my browser, it says " Unable to connect to the proxy Server" .

I don't know what seems to be the problem, I will try and do a factory reset to see if that solves anything because I did disable alot of applications in the start to save the battery life could be one of them bitting me in the ***!

How's the signal strength? I always hear negative things about the S line and I have an S5 ordered. Sorry for highjacking your thread but I'd rather be safe.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    How's the signal strength? I always hear negative things about the S line and I have an S5 ordered. Sorry for highjacking your thread but I'd rather be safe.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
    The signal strength is good. Much better compared to the S4.

Back on the topic. I figured out the problem and solved it.

When I go to the APN settings, the carrier asked me to put the

Name: Mobily Net
    APN: Web1

APN type: internet

but When I input the APN Type: internet, It doens't work the same problem takes place as described above but if I leave the APN type empty everything works fine. So i have left it empty ! lol

Quote Originally Posted by iusman975 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I got my S5 about a week ago. Been using it, its good over all but I just encountered a problem with it.

When I am connected to the wifi, it works absolutley fine but the moment I connect to the internet using my Mobile Data package. It doens't work, As in that the Mobile Data signals are there.
    Whatsap works I can send text messages on whatsap but no media. Pictures won't download on whatsap. Browser says it can not find the server. Ask.fm , instagaram, faceboook these apps don't work at all.

i can't seem to figure out the problem ! :/ How does my whatsap transfers texts but not media !? Any idea what could be the problem ?
    Good day everyone. I'm new on the forum and I had to join to ask for help with my Galaxy S5. I also have it for 3 weeks and it has started doing this same thing. the Mobile Data Signal is fine, I can receive Whatsaap messages but cant connect to the internet, of facebook, Playstore, any other thing. Does anyone knows what we can do? Please Help :\