Fully charging before first use?

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Does everyone really let the battery fully charge before turning it on? There's so many contradicting stories out there on whether or not that does anything to the battery or not.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont think it is as big of a deal like it use to be. The smart phones are pretty smart with battery management these days. Also lithium ion/poly are not that temperamental.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Does everyone really let the battery fully charge before turning it on? There's so many contradicting stories out there on whether or not that does anything to the battery or not.

Your phone will self destruct if you don't charge it right away. Do it! Do it now!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
No need to charge it before use. Lithium Ion batteries love juice though so charge whenever you like as it wont hurt the battery.

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
The manual tells you to charge it before use but today's batteries really never makes it a requirement anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I charge before doing anything. I guess I'm anal with my devices but it's certainly not going to hurt anything.

Posted via Android Central App

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Not at all a requirement anymore, whatsoever. That's a hold over from NiCd and NiMh batteries. I suppose it might - just might - help with the software accuracy on battery levels but I highly doubt that's an issue on the stock battery tools. If you install a third party app, they like you to let it discharge from a full state to make their software work better.

Today's lithium batteries don't generate memory like the older technology. Of course, that's not to say that your battery won't lose efficacy over time, just that you failing to fully charge it the first time won't make that happen faster.

So go ahead and play!

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My guess is it's to ensure that you have enough battery to get all of the initial setup stuff done. Chances are it isn't necessary.

Lucas Holl

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If it's a lithium ion battery, then yes. Recent studies show that li-ion batteries do have a memory effect so it would be a good idea to charge it overnight, or at least until it says 100% on the phone.

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
If it's a lithium ion battery, then yes. Recent studies show that li-ion batteries do have a memory effect so it would be a good idea to charge it overnight, or at least until it says 100% on the phone.

Memory cells yes, BUT the battery leaves the factory fully charged (for the most part) to begin with. The reason it has 75% battery when you receive it is because it's been sitting in a box for X amount of days/weeks slowly and naturally losing it's charge. So it's already gone through half of a full charge cycle, the other half is draining it. Let it drain, preferably to about 10% or less then charge if you want to be nit-picky. But ultimately it's rather pointless and is really only adding an additional notch to the charge count.

Grab, and go. Don't stress about charging.

The exception would be if you purchased a new battery for the phone, THEN you'd want to fully charge and drain/discharge the battery before "normal" use.

StevenBaker

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes it is really necessary to charge your battery fully, because for the proper maintenance of your mobile you must have do properly recharged your mobile, so that the life of your mobile will increase.

nonee_uk

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
always
and i mean always charge your battery to full and preferable leave it on charge for 24H and have a FULL discharge recharge cicle
there is a alot of technical reasons i could tell you
but the most important for everyone, that the battery charged in a factory for a stand-by mode witch is 40%-80%
the battery must be charged to full to make sure that all of the battery receives the charge
that will make sure that the battery is fully functioning and provide a longer life time

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1