Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SmartSwitch Mobile

I'm new to this forum, so Hi!

My AT&T S5 was delivered today. I've had an S3 for a couple of years. Apparently I can use Smartswitch to transfer everything (?) to my new S5. I'm probably making this harder than it needs to be, but should I start fresh with the new SIM card, or switch my old one over to the new one after the transfer is done?

Any tips?

I didn't realize I was going to need a new charger. Other than that, I hope I don't find anything else significant I don't like about it. And geez, the battery is BIG. Hopefully the size equates to battery life, as compared to S3's.....

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: SmartSwitch Mobile

You can still use the old MicroUSB chargers you just don't get the benefits of USB 3 speeds.

As for using smartswitch, it really doesn't matter what you do with the SIM. You simply add the app to both phones, and follow the instructions. It is a pretty painless process.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks GeekNews, it was a very painless process. I highly recommend SmartSwitch to anyone considering an upgrade. I was expecting the worst, and was pleasantly surprised.

Smart switch wont work on my or my wife's s3 to s5 swap...they never connect to each other.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk