Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD Card

First time owning a Galaxy phone but heard about it killing SD cards on previous models. I hear mix reviews about possible fake cards causing the issue. If I was to get it from Amazon are the ones sold by Amazon be the best bet? Or avoid online completely

Global Posts
    20,948 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: SD Card

It's not really the seller, it is mainly the brand. Often the more unheard of brands, second rate, etc. If you can find a good deal on Amazon for a good name brand card, and it is sold and shipped by Amazon, I would go for it.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thought people had problems even with SanDisk...I have a SanDisk 64 gb card in my tab but it was bought in storss

Quote Originally Posted by xmostwanted559x View Post
    First time owning a Galaxy phone but heard about it killing SD cards on previous models. I hear mix reviews about possible fake cards causing the issue. If I was to get it from Amazon are the ones sold by Amazon be the best bet? Or avoid online completely
    Its hard to know whether its a genuine product when its on Amazon. The best thing you could do is head over to a Samsung store and let them recommend where you will buy one or buy one from them. Its kind of a risk purchasing from an online store. And don't be afraid, Samsung handles SD cards really well,just make sure you get a genuine product brand and you will never have any problems.

I bought a Samsung SD card from Amazon sold by Samsung. It's working perfectly fine in my S5

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidProf View Post
    Its hard to know whether its a genuine product when its on Amazon. The best thing you could do is head over to a Samsung store and let them recommend where you will buy one or buy one from them. Its kind of a risk purchasing from an online store. And don't be afraid, Samsung handles SD cards really well,just make sure you get a genuine product brand and you will never have any problems.

They are overpriced though....
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Never seen Samsung cards in store and no Samsung store in my area?

Global Posts
    20,948 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

They are sold on Samsung's site.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    They are sold on Samsung's site.

From a Liquid Nexus 5
    Also on amazon which should sell them cheaper

I think best buy sells the Samsung cards

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

I've had a fake SD card from Amazon before, however the good thing about Amazon is that they refund or replace no quibbles. I'm not sure if it's the SD card or the phone that makes some of them very corrupted.

I've got one 32gb card that is 2 years old and I've used it in 3 phones (galaxy's).

I've had 2 32gb cards get corrupted in a galaxy tab 2 10.1.

At the moment I've got a 64GB card in my note 3. I think if you buy from Amazon you are covered because even if it gets corrupted they will replace or refund.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    Posted from my iPad mini/Air.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts

I have used sandisk cards (even those where it says "made for Android" on the package) in various Samsung phones and they've all caused problems. Either they made the phone slow down or they got ejected at random. Now I got a Samsung one and its perfect.

Depending on what you're doing, it's a LOT of reading and writing. Some cards hold up better than others, I don't think it's the phone necessarily.

I had the card that came with the original Galaxy S and it lasted 1 year into the Galaxy S3 and I replaced it and now a year later (now) I popped that one into the S5. Both me and my wife lost are original SD cards around the same time actually.

I've used Sandisk in all of of my devices (except iPhone) and never had a problem. When I had my S3 and (now Note3) everyone was having problems, my Sandisk 32gb and 64gb has worked flawless. I get my SanDisk cards from BestBuy as they match Amazon prices, that way I can see the original packaging so I know it's REAL.

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

I've got a Sandisk ultra 64gb in my phone now and it seems fine .

There's a good little app on Google play called SD Insight. If you buy a fake it will report it as invalid. If the card is genuine it will report all the manufacturing info.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

They are at my local best buy

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Using a 32gb Ultra in mine. I read that Sandisk Ultra are the best for HD media. I didn't realize there were different grades of SD cards.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
    I've got a Sandisk ultra 64gb in my phone now and it seems fine .
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidProf View Post
    Key to buying from amazon is to make sure it is shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro