Galaxy S5: Bluetooth Issue

gavindilkes

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I have just unboxed my Galaxy S5 (on o2) and was hoping that this Bluetooth issue that I was previously having with my S3 would have gone, but it hasn't.

Basically, I can connect to just about anything other than my car. When I try and connect to my car, it recognises the connection, asked for the pass code, says it is connected, but then nothing happens.

This issue is related to making and receiving calls in the car through the hands free system.

I know the issue isn't the car though, as I have tried various different handsets ,and they all work. Just not my old S3 or this new S5.

Any ideas or suggestions?

My car is a BMW 325Ci E46.

It is just so frustrating as I have to remember my little Jabra Arrow everytime (sounds minor) but when you've not needed it for over 5 years, it gets frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Gavin

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s% Bluetooth Issue

Welcome to the forums.
I am curious if it is the music app. Can you try a different one?

gavindilkes

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

I see. The car system doesn't allow for music files to be played. The issue I am having is related to making and receiving calls.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I see. The car system doesn't allow for music files to be played. The issue I am having is related to making and receiving calls.

My apologies. I missed that part of your post. As for this issue, I don't know what to suggest for a fix.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

gavindilkes

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I have seen those. I just want it to work without any other devices. The car supports bluetooth calling and so cannot really understand why there is a problem.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Thank You. It is so annoying and frustrating. I feel like an ***** driving with this thing in my ear!
Hi,Lets back track a little bit . I am assuming that under settings>bluetooth that its showing its paired under "Paired Devices"? Also when you tap on that little box to the right of the devices name does it show under Profiles that phone audio is checked?
You are trying to connect to your car stereo ? Also I assume that on your car stereo under phone settings : It shows that the phone is ready ?

Last edited:

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Go to the BMW site and look up compatible bluetooth phones. Samsung Galaxy may NOT be included.

If that is the case, you can borrow a compatible bluetooth phone or use a retained older phone, temporarily import the required address book and then download them to your car phone system.

I use the Uconnect system from Chrysler and it's manual states that previously downloaded phone numbers are NOT deleted even if one deletes the paired device. My system only allows 32 names with up to four phone numbers for each name.

Thus, in my case my phone numbers should be retained from my old phone even if Galaxy S5 is not supported.

My system also allows manual entry of phone numbers to the Uconnect system using voice commands. Your system may do the same. Deletions and editing also must be done through voice commands.

Its possible you could pair the phone just to make and receive calls but not be able to download the phone numbers. If that is the case, just enter the numbers manually to the car system.

Last edited:

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site

You may also want to check with the dealer to see if there is a software update to their bluetooth system.

gavindilkes

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Sirmaru. The Galaxy is supported as my old S3 used to work (before Kitkat). I think this is an 'Android' issue, but not sure if anyone else is having the same problem, or if there is a work around,

gavindilkes

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Hi David. Yes and Yes. The phone connects to the car (at first). The car even asks if it is OK to import contacts. That all works fine. The problem comes when I start the car again (after pairing). It connects for a second or two, and then disconnects. And does this constantly.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Sirmaru. The Galaxy is supported as my old S3 used to work (before Kitkat). I think this is an 'Android' issue, but not sure if anyone else is having the same problem, or if there is a work around,

Does BMW use the UConnect Phone System? If so, then you have the same system as me. My phone is coming from Amazon and I use ATT. I should receive my S5 by next Tuesday. It may be that some functions will work and some will not.

Its possible you can make and receive calls but just cannot import the phone numbers from the S5.

I just brought my car to the dealer for an oil change and annual services. They had to do three flash updates to my software. You may need the same flash updates.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Hi David. Yes and Yes. The phone connects to the car (at first). The car even asks if it is OK to import contacts. That all works fine. The problem comes when I start the car again (after pairing). It connects for a second or two, and then disconnects. And does this constantly.
Have you tried re- pairing I fiqured you have but had to ask.?

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem with my S4. Do you have Google Voice linked to that phone? If so, try unlinking your Google Voice number from making or receiving calls on the phone. It worked for me.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante