Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: Bluetooth Issue

Hi. I have just unboxed my Galaxy S5 (on o2) and was hoping that this Bluetooth issue that I was previously having with my S3 would have gone, but it hasn't.

Basically, I can connect to just about anything other than my car. When I try and connect to my car, it recognises the connection, asked for the pass code, says it is connected, but then nothing happens.

This issue is related to making and receiving calls in the car through the hands free system.

I know the issue isn't the car though, as I have tried various different handsets ,and they all work. Just not my old S3 or this new S5.

Any ideas or suggestions?

My car is a BMW 325Ci E46.

It is just so frustrating as I have to remember my little Jabra Arrow everytime (sounds minor) but when you've not needed it for over 5 years, it gets frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Gavin
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-11-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Global Posts
    17,459 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Galaxy s% Bluetooth Issue

Welcome to the forums.
    I am curious if it is the music app. Can you try a different one?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Try a different what?

Global Posts
    17,459 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by gavindilkes View Post
    Try a different what?
    Music application. Like PowerAmp.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I see. The car system doesn't allow for music files to be played. The issue I am having is related to making and receiving calls.

Global Posts
    17,459 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I see. The car system doesn't allow for music files to be played. The issue I am having is related to making and receiving calls.
    My apologies. I missed that part of your post. As for this issue, I don't know what to suggest for a fix.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

Phone Timeline

Global Posts
    17,459 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I am trying to recruit some help.

Phone Timeline
    Johnly likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thank You. It is so annoying and frustrating. I feel like an ***** driving with this thing in my ear!

Global Posts
    17,459 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Phone Timeline
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Yeah I have seen those. I just want it to work without any other devices. The car supports bluetooth calling and so cannot really understand why there is a problem.

Global Posts
    7,373 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Thank You. It is so annoying and frustrating. I feel like an ***** driving with this thing in my ear!
    Hi,Lets back track a little bit . I am assuming that under settings>bluetooth that its showing its paired under "Paired Devices"? Also when you tap on that little box to the right of the devices name does it show under Profiles that phone audio is checked?
    You are trying to connect to your car stereo ? Also I assume that on your car stereo under phone settings : It shows that the phone is ready ?
    Last edited by davidnc; 04-11-2014 at 10:55 AM.
    Thanked by:

Go to the BMW site and look up compatible bluetooth phones. Samsung Galaxy may NOT be included.

If that is the case, you can borrow a compatible bluetooth phone or use a retained older phone, temporarily import the required address book and then download them to your car phone system.

I use the Uconnect system from Chrysler and it's manual states that previously downloaded phone numbers are NOT deleted even if one deletes the paired device. My system only allows 32 names with up to four phone numbers for each name.

Thus, in my case my phone numbers should be retained from my old phone even if Galaxy S5 is not supported.

My system also allows manual entry of phone numbers to the Uconnect system using voice commands. Your system may do the same. Deletions and editing also must be done through voice commands.

Its possible you could pair the phone just to make and receive calls but not be able to download the phone numbers. If that is the case, just enter the numbers manually to the car system.
    Last edited by sirmaru; 04-11-2014 at 11:37 AM.

You may also want to check with the dealer to see if there is a software update to their bluetooth system.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Thanks Sirmaru. The Galaxy is supported as my old S3 used to work (before Kitkat). I think this is an 'Android' issue, but not sure if anyone else is having the same problem, or if there is a work around,
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Hi David. Yes and Yes. The phone connects to the car (at first). The car even asks if it is OK to import contacts. That all works fine. The problem comes when I start the car again (after pairing). It connects for a second or two, and then disconnects. And does this constantly.

Thanks Sirmaru. The Galaxy is supported as my old S3 used to work (before Kitkat). I think this is an 'Android' issue, but not sure if anyone else is having the same problem, or if there is a work around,
    Does BMW use the UConnect Phone System? If so, then you have the same system as me. My phone is coming from Amazon and I use ATT. I should receive my S5 by next Tuesday. It may be that some functions will work and some will not.

Its possible you can make and receive calls but just cannot import the phone numbers from the S5.

I just brought my car to the dealer for an oil change and annual services. They had to do three flash updates to my software. You may need the same flash updates.

Global Posts
    7,373 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Hi David. Yes and Yes. The phone connects to the car (at first). The car even asks if it is OK to import contacts. That all works fine. The problem comes when I start the car again (after pairing). It connects for a second or two, and then disconnects. And does this constantly.
    Have you tried re- pairing I fiqured you have but had to ask.?

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Bluetooth Issue

I had this problem with my S4. Do you have Google Voice linked to that phone? If so, try unlinking your Google Voice number from making or receiving calls on the phone. It worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0gburp3r View Post
    I had this problem with my S4. Do you have Google Voice linked to that phone? If so, try unlinking your Google Voice number from making or receiving calls on the phone. It worked for me.
    What is Google Voice?

Default Galaxy S5: Bluetooth Issue

Quote Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
    What is Google Voice?
    http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0gburp3r View Post
    That resembles ATT Unified Messaging Service where all family phones use the same voice mail box, sends an email when received and can be played back on my PC or any of the family phones.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
    That resembles ATT Unified Messaging Service where all family phones use the same voice mail box, sends an email when received and can be played back on my PC or any of the family phones.
    Except Google Voice is free for domestic use.
    Thanked by:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Thank you. I will call BMW and check. As for Google voice, that isn't on.

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Hi. I have just unboxed my Galaxy S5 (on o2) and was hoping that this Bluetooth issue that I was previously having with my S3 would have gone, but it hasn't.

Basically, I can connect to just about anything other than my car. When I try and connect to my car, it recognises the connection, asked for the pass code, says it is connected, but then nothing happens.

This issue is related to making and receiving calls in the car through the hands free system.

I know the issue isn't the car though, as I have tried various different handsets ,and they all work. Just not my old S3 or this new S5.

Any ideas or suggestions?

My car is a BMW 325Ci E46.

It is just so frustrating as I have to remember my little Jabra Arrow everytime (sounds minor) but when you've not needed it for over 5 years, it gets frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Gavin
    Call your dealership and ask if there's a software update for it available. My wife's 2012 Beetle displayed the same behavior. After a software update for the in-car stereo, the problem was gone.
    Thanked by:

Hi,
    I'm having a very similar problem with Bluetooth. I have a 2012 VW Jetta and my Motorola Razr worked perfectly on Bluetooth. I just got the Galaxy S5, and I deleted the Motorola, paired the S5, and the directory downloaded. However, when I go to use voice commands to make a call, it tells me that it cannot find the number and to select it from the list (on the nav screen). I have gone through every possible combination and permutation I can think of to reset, re-pair, re-everything. I just called the Volkswagen dealer, and they said there is no upgrade available on their end. Very frustrating... I gained a great hand held device that does everything I can imagine -- except work as a hands free phone in my car. Advice?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast