Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Transferring data from old phone to S5

I should be receiving mine sometime this afternoon. I know I will have to download my favorite apps (DejaOffice, WhatsAPP, Fuel Log, ColorNote etc). But once that is done, how do I transfer over the data stored in my old phone? For example, with WhatsAPP I do not want to lose the chats that I have or the various group chat members. Is there some way to transfer that data over? Also, I'd like my subscriptions or license status for paid applications to continue as well.

I'd appreciate any advice or assistance.

Thank you

Global Posts
    21,622 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Transferring data from old phone to S5

Quote Originally Posted by RJLOMMD View Post
    I should be receiving mine sometime this afternoon. I know I will have to download my favorite apps (DejaOffice, WhatsAPP, Fuel Log, ColorNote etc). But once that is done, how do I transfer over the data stored in my old phone? For example, with WhatsAPP I do not want to lose the chats that I have or the various group chat members. Is there some way to transfer that data over? Also, I'd like my subscriptions or license status for paid applications to continue as well.

I'd appreciate any advice or assistance.

Thank you
    Depending on what version of Android your old phone was running, you may not have to worry about redownloading apps. You paid ones from Google are stored on their servers, so downloading those won't be an issue. The data transfer is a different story. Many possible solutions I can think of involve root access and are hit and miss when it comes to moving from one device to another.

Another possibility is sometimes app developers have data saved on their servers, but this is rather hit and miss too.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here