Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 camera failed

Just got S5 and got everything activated and synced. Went to take a picture and it comes up camera failed. I've Googled without much luck of finding any help. Done everything short of a factory reset that I can think of, which is not much. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Default Re: S5 camera failed

Factory reset, and if that doesn't work, then exchange it cause you got a dud.

Sent from my XPS 12-9Q33 using Tapatalk

Check seating of your memory card.

You will see that message if you just bought the phone & your battery is less 30%. Charge it for an hour than restart your phone. Then everything will be good to go.
    Enjoy your new phone.:-)

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Battery was at 70 percent when I got it. Didn't try charging for an hour. No memory card. Just did factory reset and is working fine now.

Thanks for the replies and help

Quote Originally Posted by jhlrbt View Post
    You will see that message if you just bought the phone & your battery is less 30%. Charge it for an hour than restart your phone. Then everything will be good to go.
    Enjoy your new phone.:-)

Can you not use camera below 30%? If so that's disappointing
    Jozy26 likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aandrew610 View Post
    Can you not use camera below 30%? If so that's disappointing
    You can use the camera below 30% I'm doing it right now

Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    You can use the camera below 30% I'm doing it right now

Thanks I appreciate it. Its got a killer camera

Make sure you take the little piece of plastic off the camera. I did NOT take mine off til today so that could explain the less than stellar indoor pictures I've been taking.
    Thanked by:

Lol I was in the store debating if it was a piece of film or part of the camera before I tore it off. I was so nervous...

How do you factory reset the phone?

received mine this morning, everything ok except the CAMERA!, that's why I bought it! Vodafone says they will change it, but its such a nuisence
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Update: Looks like I'll have to swap mine out. Camera failed again this morning. Not going to do another factory reset. Tried everything else that was suggested with no luck.

here4kids likes this.

This has happened to me twice now. Looks like I'll have to take it back to the store too then. My battery is 81%, and it was high yesterday when it happened too.

Uninstall GO Flashlight. This app has been reported to cause this problem elsewhere and it worked for me.
    Thanked by:

Wow! Thanks for this post. That was exactly what happened to my camera on my S5. Just got the phone less than a week ago. I had installed the Go Flashlight several days ago and everything worked fine. Then my camera started failing every time I started it. Was thinking I'd have to factory reset and was NOT looking forward to that. Uninstalled the Go Flashlight and camera works fine now. Didn't even have to restart the phone. Seems like a bug that should get fixed if a stupid little app like a flashlight can crash the camera app.

Hi, got the same issued to my new Samsung Galaxy S5, called the tech support and he reset the cell, still the same problem. Tech support told me that I need to return the New Samsung Galaxy S5 for a New 1. Sucks!

Same issue here too. I tried everything from clearing the cache to factory reset and also holding the up volume, home key, and power button to clear the partition. It's not an apps issue on my part because I chose not to log into my google account to prevent the phone from reinstalling my previous downloaded apps. This time around the phone only had apps from the factory and the camera still failed. I sure hope its not a hardware problem because what good will it do if I trade in my phone for another phone with the same problem. Had high hopes for this phone, first time I ever switched from my HTC devices to a samsung and this is what I get?

this is really not a HUGE deal. had the same issue. simply cleared data on the camera app and rebooted my phone. viola. problem solved.

For people who have used go flashlight, there is already a widget that allows you to turn it onn directly from the homescreen which I think is pretty nice, Is there any advantage to using GO?

Quote Originally Posted by tomothy94 View Post
    For people who have used go flashlight, there is already a widget that allows you to turn it onn directly from the homescreen which I think is pretty nice, Is there any advantage to using GO?
    Is it the widget called "torch"? I took almost everything off my home screen, because I like them clear as possible. But found that widget.
    I only have a battery widget, camer, google search, time weather wegidet on the home screen now.

The flashlight app I've been using is in the app Swiss Army Knife app. My brother showed me and my dad that one, it has a lot of apps within that one app.
    tomothy94 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by debdroid1a View Post
    Is it the widget called "torch"? I took almost everything off my home screen, because I like them clear as possible. But found that widget.
    I only have a battery widget, camer, google search, time weather wegidet on the home screen now.

The flashlight app I've been using is in the app Swiss Army Knife app. My brother showed me and my dad that one, it has a lot of apps within that one app.
    There should be one built right into the phone. It's listed in the widget section (called flashlight). I'm on Verizon if that matters.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSTi View Post
    There should be one built right into the phone. It's listed in the widget section (called flashlight). I'm on Verizon if that matters.
    Must be from Verizon. I'm on t-mobile.

Nah it isn't from Verizon, I have a stock handset and it has the widget, it's 1x1 sized and is quite nice. Very instant.

It isn't the same problem for everyone. I never downloaded any flashlight app for that matter. As I mentioned earlier I did a full factory reset while clearing all the partitions and didn't sign into my Google account so that the phone won't download any previous apps. Anyways, I went to att and the techs were fiddling with it for almost an hour with the Samsung techs as well. They gave up and just gave me a new one. Hope no one else gets this problem. Hopefully my new S5 doesn't do it again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast