How long before the USB door falls off?

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I have set the over/under at 2 months. 4 months if you use wireless charging.

What will you take? Over or Under?

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had dumb phones with hinged covers over the charging ports. Don't think I ever had one fall off even after years of use. Hopefully the same will be true of the S5. So I guess over for me.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Should last more than 4 months. The USB cover is still in tact on my Galaxy Rugby Pro that I used for over a year.

Sent from my G2 running PAC-ROM

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I've had dumb phones with hinged covers over the charging ports. Don't think I ever had one fall off even after years of use. Hopefully the same will be true of the S5. So I guess over for me.

The LG Chocolate has one that I used for years. yeah, over for me as well.

amstre

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
under...it is the same type of hinge that was on my old LG "dumb phone" disappointing. But so far the phone is otherwise kewl coming from Galaxy nexus

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have set the over/under at 2 months. 4 months if you use wireless charging.

What will you take? Over or Under?

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

I see you're trying to find a chink in the armor. Good luck! For the most part, Samsung devices are built pretty solidly.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The cover is much sturdier than the cover on the DNA. I don't think it will come off on during regular use, but if someone is foolish I'm sure they can pull it off.

Posted via Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Ive never had a cover come off any of the phones that had them... its prob gonna be just fine unless it gets really pulled on or twisted

Posted via Android Central App

Keri0619

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to disappoint everyone, but mine fell off in under a month with simply charging daily. I didn't try to do anything silly like tear it off myself or anything. I have had other issues with the phone as well; not sure if anyone else has? Getting to be very frustrating and disappointing, when at first I was so excited.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I eliminated this BS issue by spending more than I wanted too but they have their advantages.

Samsung Wireless Back Cover ($40).
Kingston 64GB microSD UHS-I ($40).

I still had a $20 coupon for accessories and couldn't think of anything else to buy, so I picked up...

Samsung Extra Battery Kit ($30 after coupon).