Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts

Default Blue Galaxy S5? Where is it?

Is it "coming soon" or an exclusive somewhere?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-12-2014 at 12:09 AM.

Default Re: Blue GS 5? Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    I don't think anyone knows. We haven't heard anything about the gold or the blue.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts

I believe the gold is, for the time being, a Vodaphone exclusive.......

I can't find anything about the Blue.

I believe the gold is, for the time being, a Vodaphone exclusive.......

I can't find anything about the Blue.
    I remember seeing something about that, but wasn't sure if it was confirmed.

O2 says 22nd April blue and gold

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

No word on it yet. I wouldn't be surprised though if in the US someone like Best Buy will get an exclusive on the blue, if not, then the gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So many phones, so little time.

Mobiltelefoni, Mobilt Bredband, TV, Hemtelefoni - Tele2
    Exclusive for the moment to tele2 in my country. Weird since this carrier is like 3rd or 4th largest. No idea where in the states though.

Quote Originally Posted by EggoEspada View Post
    No word on it yet. I wouldn't be surprised though if in the US someone like Best Buy will get an exclusive on the blue, if not, then the gold.
    While picking up my S5 at Best Buy, the customer beside me asked what color I got (white). When I told her that I would have liked the blue, she asked the service rep assisiting her about the blue S5. The rep said it will be a Best Buy exclusive in the US, but she didn't know when they would be in stock.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts

Default Re: Blue Galaxy S5? Where is it?

The gold version is a Swisscom exclusive here in Switzerland. But the blue version somehow just didn't make it into the shops on April 11. Probably some manufacturing issue. It was definitely supposed to be released yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by rprit001 View Post
    While picking up my S5 at Best Buy, the customer beside me asked what color I got (white). When I told her that I would have liked the blue, she asked the service rep assisiting her about the blue S5. The rep said it will be a Best Buy exclusive in the US, but she didn't know when they would be in stock.
    There's a difference between the Best Buy "all blue" exclusive and the battery door color. The BB one also has the front bezel that perfectly color matched the rear (I am using the s4 as the example). BB people don't know anything.

ROM
    XXLA2

17 April here in some european countries...

Global Posts
    5,141 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

From what I had read a while back the Gold and Blue (Black phones with Gold or Blue battery door) models would be offered later on as the next round of device launches to push for new sales. Lame excuse and for those clamoring for a blue phone, while I can see you reasons for it, its really a black phone with a blue battery door. Just get the black or white phone now, wait for the blue phone to ship somewhere and order a TRUE OEM blue battery door from Samsung and don't get fooled into the fake ones that lack the rubber gasket that are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    From what I had read a while back the Gold and Blue (Black phones with Gold or Blue battery door) models would be offered later on as the next round of device launches to push for new sales. Lame excuse and for those clamoring for a blue phone, while I can see you reasons for it, its really a black phone with a blue battery door. Just get the black or white phone now, wait for the blue phone to ship somewhere and order a TRUE OEM blue battery door from Samsung and don't get fooled into the fake ones that lack the rubber gasket that are out there.
    Where did you read this? I asked Samsung on their FB page and they replied that it was up to the carrier to carry the blue.

Global Posts
    5,141 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

If I recall correctly it was mentioned back before the launch, where they said they would offer black/white as the initial options. Carriers have always offered new colors as a way to spark new sales. This time though Samsung is dropping the ball by making the blue/gold nothing more than a battery door which will send people looking for them and ending up with the fake ones without the rubber gasket. Its a fail on their part. How hard can it be to offer the battery door option NOW.

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Yeah my plan is to get a White one and then put a blue door on it. If a Red door every comes out, that could be pretty slick as well.

I'm wondering if the blue or gold are also going to bring with them the higher storage capacities. Not buying until I see at least the 32gb model.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rprit001 View Post
    The rep is more than likely assuming they'll get the S5 in blue based on previous exclusives.
    So many phones, so little time.

Why advertise the blue and gold models along with 32gb of storage if you can't find them anywhere. If I could get a blue 32gb s5 I'd get one in a heartbeat until then I'll use my note3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Verizon dude on the phone said Best Buy will eventually get the blue.

The Smurfs get an exclusive for the first month.