Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: Anyone using this phone naked

Has anybody decided to use this phone without a case? I have a neo hybrid and I feel it really adds bulk to the phone
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-11-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Default Re: Anyone using this phone naked

Naked is how I prefer my phones, but I'll be using a case for the first couple of weeks in case I need to return it. But after that it's coming' off.

Quote Originally Posted by bfeels View Post
    Has anybody decided to use this phone without a case? I have a neo hybrid and I feel it really adds bulk to the phone
    You may want to try the Samsung Clear View Black Folio for the S5. Its back cover replaces the back cover which comes with the S5 and adds a windowed flip cover in the front. When the cover is closed, a small window is open to see the time, weather and make and receive calls. If you keep the phone in Power Saving Mode, it become like a dumb phone with a very long battery life.

Since it replaces the back cover, bulk is limited only to the flip cover in the front which serves to protect the screen when not in use.
    Sabrina Fair likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
    You may want to try the Samsung Clear View Black Folio for the S5. Its back cover replaces the back cover which comes with the S5 and adds a windowed flip cover in the front. When the cover is closed, a small window is open to see the time, weather and make and receive calls. If you keep the phone in Power Saving Mode, it become like a dumb phone with a very long battery life.

Since it replaces the back cover, bulk is limited only to the flip cover in the front which serves to protect the screen when not in use.
    What's the back cover like on this? Does it stay waterproof?

Quote Originally Posted by StylinProfilin View Post
    What's the back cover like on this? Does it stay waterproof?
    That is the only question I have about it. So far I don't have an answer. If the rubber insulation stays attached to the phone when the original cover is removed, it should be waterproof. If the rubber insulation is fused to the original cover and cannot be separated, then it would not be waterproof. I won't know for sure until I receive my S5 next Tuesday.

Page 5 of the manual has a warning: "Caution! Do not remove the rubber seal from the inside of the back cover. Doing so can cause water damage to the device if it gets wet."

That implies the rubber seal CAN be removed. Thus, one would have to remove it from the original over and place it inside the Folio cover.
    Last edited by sirmaru; 04-11-2014 at 04:53 PM.
    Jzamora1978 likes this.

Just got the phone. I wanted to get a case before phone but couldn't find one I like. I might go naked this time. I want something extremely thin.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Anyone using this phone naked

I had to take my case of for a screen protector application and just noticed how thin the phone was without the case.

Any other suggestions on cases? I've tried the flip covers with the notes but I've decided they are not for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Heck no. I bought my S5 case three days ago. Spigen actually Emailed me today and told me they were sending me a new TPU layer free of charge (in addition to the one that came with it)

They supposedly got one of one the port holes too narrow on the original case, so they are sending me another one for free. I don't even have the phone yet and they're already sending me an updated case.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

Using the phone naked for now . I ordered a Trident case a few days ago . Once it gets here it goes on .

My case by surprise came today when was schedule for April 17....but I took it off spigen case to much bulk

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

That is the only question I have about it. So far I don't have an answer. If the rubber insulation stays attached to the phone when the original cover is removed, it should be waterproof. If the rubber insulation is fused to the original cover and cannot be separated, then it would not be waterproof. I won't know for sure until I receive my S5 next Tuesday.

Page 5 of the manual has a warning: "Caution! Do not remove the rubber seal from the inside of the back cover. Doing so can cause water damage to the device if it gets wet."

That implies the rubber seal CAN be removed. Thus, one would have to remove it from the original over and place it inside the Folio cover.
    It has the gasket in the folio case. I have it, but don't really care for the different feel it gives the phone. I'll probably hold off on a case that I'll stick with until after the wireless backs are available.

Diztronic case fits very nice. Real thin, no bulk at all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bespinct View Post
    It has the gasket in the folio case. I have it, but don't really care for the different feel it gives the phone. I'll probably hold off on a case that I'll stick with until after the wireless backs are available.

I just looked at my Folio Case and it does have rubberized insulation. Is that what you call a gasket? Is that the "rubber seal" referred to in the manual?

If so, that means the Folio Case is also water proof as is the original S5 cover.

Global Posts
    743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

I just looked at my Folio Case and it does have rubberized insulation. Is that what you call a gasket? Is that the "rubber seal" referred to in the manual?

If so, that means the Folio Case is also water proof as is the original S5 cover.
    Yup!

No cases on anything from iPhone to androids.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Does it have the water seal inside? I noticed that most 3rd party S5 accessories don't have it.

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

I've decided to invest in damage protection insurance rather than cases for this one :-) I've put a Spigen Glas.Tr on it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by zipro View Post
    Does it have the water seal inside? I noticed that most 3rd party S5 accessories don't have it.
    It does have the rubberized seal. See the conversations above.

I have the black now, and I love the feel of it. I don't want to put it in a case....but will I regret it? I am tired of the extra bulk. I put it in a case for all of 5 minutes before taking it out again

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Evans1 View Post
    I have the black now, and I love the feel of it. I don't want to put it in a case....but will I regret it? I am tired of the extra bulk. I put it in a case for all of 5 minutes before taking it out again

I don't think this thing needs a case at all.

The neo makes it look huge. It's actually a very big case.

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

Running mine naked now.

Global Posts
    2,413 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    No cases on anything from iPhone to androids.
    Ditto. Naked is the only way I roll.
    Sabrina Fair likes this.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

First phone I have ever run naked, makes me nervous but this phone is so nice w/o a cover. Don't want more bulk to an already large phone

I will probably take the case off of mine after my 14 days are up. I'm not 100% sure I want to stay with the phone or not since I'm doing the AT&T Next program. I was using an iPhone 5s before upgrading yesterday. The s5 is a beast of a phone compared to the iPhone 5s, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the size of it.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast